fitting an el cluster to a ef 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: fitting an el cluster to a ef
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

hi all will an el fairmont cluster plug straight into a ef fairmont also will the fuel door light on the el cluster work in a ef mont?

Post subject: Re: fitting an el cluster to a ef
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

yep it will plug in ,i didnt know they had a fuel door light

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Only the Fairlane/LTD cluster has the fuel door ajar light, along with the individual door and boot lid open lights. If thats the one you are thinking of, then that doesn't plug in. All of the wiring is different.

An EL Fairmont cluster is the same as an EF Fairmont cluster, just has a different coloured face and needles.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/documents.php?d=14 according to this document the el cluster has a fuel door light

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:
http://www.fordmods.com/documents.php?d=14 according to this document the el cluster has a fuel door light

No it doesn't. What the tech doc is referring to is the fuel door indicator arrow in the tacho. It is there to remind you what side the fuel door is on. All EL clusters have it. See the pic of the cluster in my wagon thread and you'll see it.
Edit: You'll have to click on the pic to enlarge it. Directly under the RPM X1000.

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Esteven8 wrote:
fordnut1988 wrote:

No it doesn't. What the tech doc is referring to is the fuel door indicator arrow in the tacho. It is there to remind you what side the fuel door is on. All EL clusters have it. See the pic of the cluster in my wagon thread and you'll see it.
Edit: You'll have to click on the pic to enlarge it. Directly under the RPM X1000.

i couldnt see it ill have another looksie

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Esteven8 wrote:
fordnut1988 wrote:

yes they just have an arrow on the pov pack el cluster because mine has that arrow on the tacho, not sure about the fairmont mid or high series clusters though, i dare say the mid series fairmont cluster wouldnt have the light either

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:
Esteven8 wrote:
fordnut1988 wrote:

i couldnt see it ill have another looksie

The Fairmont cluster, near the bottom of pg1

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Esteven8 wrote:
fordnut1988 wrote:

yes they just have an arrow on the pov pack el cluster because mine has that arrow on the tacho, not sure about the fairmont mid or high series clusters though, i dare say the mid series fairmont cluster wouldnt have the light either

ALL EL Clusters have the arrow to remind you which side the fuel door is on, doesnt matter if it's a GLi, a Fairmont, an XR or even an EL GT. The only ones that have a light that lights up when the fuel door is open is a Fairlane or LTD.

Gab

EDIT: Also the cluster will plug straight in and work immediatley like it's meant to be, unless you use a Fairlane/LTD one, then u need to do mods.

Gab

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]