flashing door ajar 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: flashing door ajar
Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

can some body tell me how to replace the senser or what ever it is that detects if the door is open? The car in question is a NC. The drivers door ajar has been flashing for ages now and its time to fix it as it is fuk pissing me off. How the hell do i replace the door ajar senser? (drivers door) Or is it a part of the actuator?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII T5

VIC, Australia

are you talking about the little button between the door and the body?

unscrew the two screws to remove it, and tighten up the screw on the button itself, it may have loosened a little, hence not detecting that the door is closed...

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Disturbed_Dave wrote:
are you talking about the little button between the door and the body?

unscrew the two screws to remove it, and tighten up the screw on the button itself, it may have loosened a little, hence not detecting that the door is closed...

nah i am not talking about the button, you know on the digital dashs how they tell you if a door is open or not, well on my cluster the drivers door is flashing open/close all the time regardless if the door is open or not. So what i am asking is, how do you replace the senser that detects if the door is open or not?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

yeah all it is, is the on off switch on the body like was said before. must faulty, pull it off the plug, if it stops then u know its that, if it keeps flashing u know u have a short to earth some where.

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fordgt290 wrote:
yeah all it is, is the on off switch on the body like was said before. must faulty, pull it off the plug, if it stops then u know its that, if it keeps flashing u know u have a short to earth some where.

oh yeah, is the plug near the door handle? (inside the door of course) and if you unpluged it, it would just show close, and not open? even if the door was actually open?

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

yep thats right. when the door is closed the switch closes causing the circuit to be closed causing the light to come on, when u unplug it u are opening the circuit so current wont flow, so no light so yep ur switch is faulty

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

its just a standard switch in there, the whole door ajar light/sensor is control by the BEM on the NC's and all the ones with the digital dash .

If you had a faulty door switch, the interior light would come on and off at the same time,

Inside the BEM for the NC's or the car's with the digital dash, there are four or 5 i forget relays that control it ..

If its really pissing you off you can put a 380ohm resistor inline behind the cluster ..... or just replace the BEM ..

I don't think it would be the switch though .

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

all the interior lights work as they should, so should i have a go at replacing the switch or the BEM? Has any body actually had this problem?!

^^^ What He Said

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]