Fordmods Logo

Footwell neons in a BA? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Footwell neons in a BA?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

just wire in neon/led strips to the interior lighting. its not that hard. but word of warning, if their too bright and you drive with them on, be prepared to have a hard time seeing thro the reflection on your windows. ive wired mine up to the dome light, its good i open doors they come on, close the door, start the car, they turn off.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ba 05 xr6 mkII

QLD, Australia

yeh that is wat i was thinking of. So how did u wire them up then? is it just behind the dash? and would i have to get a car electrician to do it?

05 ba xr6 mkII

Mods: Re-spray, Interior LEDS, K&N air filter, 20" versus rims, SuperLow King springs all round, Monroe Gt shortened rear shocks, 2.5" XFORCE Catback mild steel exhaust with twin 3" tips

The Garage: http://www.fordmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106741

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

btw i just had a look at ur photos winman and that car looks amazing!!! the blue goes so well with the silver 8-) i want to put my P-plate like that next to the number plate but Dad thinks it looks "Messy" haha i love it tho! very nice car!

05 ba xr6 mkII

Mods: Re-spray, Interior LEDS, K&N air filter, 20" versus rims, SuperLow King springs all round, Monroe Gt shortened rear shocks, 2.5" XFORCE Catback mild steel exhaust with twin 3" tips

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA MkII XR6

WA, Australia

I have a BA xr6 with premium sound, couldnt find where to put those damn globes!
They should be under the glove box on the passenger side and under the fuse panel drivers side right?

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:41 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

DOU93 wrote:
I have a BA xr6 with premium sound, couldnt find where to put those damn globes!
They should be under the glove box on the passenger side and under the fuse panel drivers side right?

If it's a Ute, you won't have them.

Otherwise, the globe holders if not factory installed will be taped up to the loom, go searching for them.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
CamJam
btw i just had a look at ur photos winman and that car looks amazing!!! the blue goes so well with the silver 8-) i want to put my P-plate like that next to the number plate but Dad thinks it looks "Messy" haha i love it tho! very nice car!

ive removed the undercar leds, they were a pain in the a***, scraped when parking, could see (the led strip) em from the back, and due to them being illegal in NSW i never really used them.

also ive done the interior neons i wired them up to the dome light so they only turn on with doors open. the wire i tapped into is the front driver side pillar, i used this because the dome wire is the only one in their so its easy to find, and is hidden.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

i bought those blue neons a week or two ago and love them!!! i have them under the front and rear foot wells so the whole floor lights up!!! i havent hooked them up to the dome circuit yet and not too sure if i will, just sucks when u have to plug them in to see them. I also converted the two back and top centre interior lights to blue which is mad when u unlock the car at night :lol: i just use the neons for show when parked infront of friends haha now to save up for the rims :?

05 ba xr6 mkII

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:28 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2006 Ford Falcon XR6 BF MKII

VIC, Australia

data_mine wrote:
1. Don't, neons are gay

2. If you must...
a. If you've got premium sound or climate control, there'll be footwell light bulb sockets already, they may be hidden out of the way.
b. If not, you'll have to get the dome light wiring, look for the Black-Blue Stripe and Green-Yellow stripe wires. You can find these, at the BEM (behind the ICC), or behind the drivers side kick panel.

when you say the black-blue and green-yellow stripe wires which end is positive and which is negative. is it as easy as just connecting 1 terminal of the neons to the black-blue striped cable and the other to green-yellow?

STAY SWEET

BF MKII 2006 XR6 - Metallic Black________________________________________________________________________
Growler Kit, Black Tint, Custom Black Mats
Super Low springs, Black Tail-lights, No centre muffler
Blue Interior Lighting, Blue Calipers, 5000k High, Low and Fogs

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

neons in falcons..
whats next.. chopstick wars on the drag strip?
fuken RICE!!

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:36 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

jordymit wrote:
data_mine wrote:
1. Don't, neons are gay

2. If you must...
a. If you've got premium sound or climate control, there'll be footwell light bulb sockets already, they may be hidden out of the way.
b. If not, you'll have to get the dome light wiring, look for the Black-Blue Stripe and Green-Yellow stripe wires. You can find these, at the BEM (behind the ICC), or behind the drivers side kick panel.

when you say the black-blue and green-yellow stripe wires which end is positive and which is negative. is it as easy as just connecting 1 terminal of the neons to the black-blue striped cable and the other to green-yellow?

If you have a multimeter you can tell (I don't have the manual in front of me right now), or hook them up, it'll work one way and not the other.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

vertg0 wrote:
I've got blue neons in my BA, they're hooked into the dome circuit so they come on whenever the dome light comes on. I reckon they look pretty good, give a nice soft glow.

I want to hook some lighting into the dome cicuit, can u plz explain which wire to tap in,
I'll be lighting up footwells both front n rear.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MK11

VIC, Australia

I have a BA XR6 MK1,and the bulb holders for the footwell lights are sitting there waitng to have bayonet type bulbs fitted.My son did mine on Friday.

The older I get the better I was!

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
I want to hook some lighting into the dome cicuit, can u plz explain which wire to tap in,
I'll be lighting up footwells both front n rear.

theirs a guide on the document section of this website. pretty much the easiest place to find/tap (ba falcon not sure about other models) into the dome light circuit is in the driver side front pillar.

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2