Fordmods Logo

Ford BA Vent 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford BA Vent
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:50 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2016 Ford bronco

NSW, Australia

My BA XR6 has a light vibration sound coming out of the passenger side left face vent whenever the fan is on low. If I crank the fan up to half power or more the vibration accelerates to the point where it fades away and is no longer audible. I'm guessing there's some debris caught in there. What's involved in getting access to the passenger side vent to have a look? Is this done via the glovebox?

Post subject: Re: Ford BA Vent
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:03 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

techshas71 wrote:
My BA XR6 has a light vibration sound coming out of the passenger side left face vent whenever the fan is on low. If I crank the fan up to half power or more the vibration accelerates to the point where it fades away and is no longer audible. I'm guessing there's some debris caught in there. What's involved in getting access to the passenger side vent to have a look? Is this done via the glovebox?

no, you access the vent by moving the dash end cap 'away' [part that has the airbag warning on it] from you/dash end where the dash spear ends on the left, you do not have to remove it totally [using a 'medium' size flat screwdriver or similar to lever the front of it out/away]. with the end cap clear [you don't need to remove it totally, just at the front so you have enough room/access] you should now see where the spear clips around the dash end. just 'pull' out the clipped end enough [small flat screwdriver] from the end so it slides over the plastic clip holding it in place. the spear is then removed by 'levering' it away from the dash. there are [if i remember correctly?] 3 clips holding it in, with the one at the pointy end being the troublesome one. do not get too forceable with removing it as you can/will easily scratch it or break it. after removing the spear there are then 3 screws holding the vent in place. remove those screws & vent pulls out. when working with the cars plastics please remember NOT to be too forceable when trying to remove as they can break easily if too much force is used. if it is not moving have a look at why it isn't moving.

also it may pay to check the 'filter' as it may never have been cleaned. you access the 'filter' thru removing the glovebox lid. then slide plastic cover [to the left?] & remove 'filter' tray. it's above the heater/aircon motor

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]