Fordmods Logo

FourL6 AU to BA Interior Conversion 

Page 2 of 8 [ 117 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Pretty adventurous conversion mate, good luck with it all!

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

The doors of the AU were the only panels carried over into the BA-BF. Just like EA right up to EL, the doors were almost identical. EL doors still have the interior handle recess in the shape of EA-ED interior handles.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Happy to post up answers on BA questions and how the various modules all work together. I don't know anything about the AU though.

A question though - I assume you'll have to run an AU Dash loom through everything right? It might almost be easier to physcially fit an AU cluster into the BA area, rather than try to get the BA cluster to work. The BA cluster is all CAN as well (RPM, Speed, many of the lights - though not all)

Lukeyson

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA Fairmont V8

WA, Australia

hows it comin along this weekend. get the dash in yet... im really interested to see how this conversion goes. :D

02 BA Fairmont Ghia-- 24v 5.4L, Dumped, 18' Advanti's, Cold Air, 20% Tint

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

02tonna wrote:
hows it comin along this weekend. get the dash in yet... im really interested to see how this conversion goes. :D
the cars at the panel beaters getting the body kit painted so nothing this w/end... im on the lookout for a BA wrecking as i will need a fair few little bits... so all i have atm is some door trims and scuff plates :-( is still all go though...

hey lukeyson for now im just going to mount a AU cluster in the BA dash (should be easy i think) then look into the BA cluster... i just need a hand with the passenger airbag... all i know is that i want it to work and the AU is a single stage and BA is Dual stage activation so will be fairly tricky... any help appreciated (the passenger airbags $150... so dont fell like testing them lol..)

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

fourL6 wrote:
02tonna wrote:
the cars at the panel beaters getting the body kit painted so nothing this w/end... im on the lookout for a BA wrecking as i will need a fair few little bits... so all i have atm is some door trims and scuff plates :-( is still all go though...

hey lukeyson for now im just going to mount a AU cluster in the BA dash (should be easy i think) then look into the BA cluster... i just need a hand with the passenger airbag... all i know is that i want it to work and the AU is a single stage and BA is Dual stage activation so will be fairly tricky... any help appreciated (the passenger airbags $150... so dont fell like testing them lol..)

How would you go disabling it ? Pull the bag off and dont connect the wire.
You will get air bag issuie light on dash thats all.
But depends what BEM you use AU or BA.
I would think if you disable it,just take it to ford tell them what youve done and they should be able 2 clear airbag warning light on dash.
Sounds like your AU came with one air bag ? You should get away with it.

Cant wait and see how it all goes,big job alot a fun and sore head i bet ? lol

I drive and support ford

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

ttickfordbetty wrote:
fourL6 wrote:
02tonna wrote:

How would you go disabling it ? Pull the bag off and dont connect the wire.
You will get air bag issuie light on dash thats all.
But depends what BEM you use AU or BA.
I would think if you disable it,just take it to ford tell them what youve done and they should be able 2 clear airbag warning light on dash.
Sounds like your AU came with one air bag ? You should get away with it.

Cant wait and see how it all goes,big job alot a fun and sore head i bet ? lol

yeah ford should clear the air bag light for you. and if there in a good mood it wont cost ya. they let me off when i brought my VT in to holden :oops: . as it is only a 5 min job...

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

any progress on this?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:23 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Froudey wrote:
any progress on this?

or is it in the too hard basket now :lol:

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

I was toying with doing this with an XC panel van I have.. cept I was goign to go a step futher and the entire BA in the thing.. engine, dash, all wiring etc etc... but thats for another day. I have too many projects on the fly already.

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

02tonna wrote:
Froudey wrote:
any progress on this?

or is it in the too hard basket now :lol:

haven't given up lol... painting the kit cost alot more than expected and now doing up a eb2 for a mate... full ef engine and interior conversion for it so it'll be pretty good practice for this :D... so yes this has been put on hold for now apart from fitting the rear doors, rear power windows and im on the lookout for some red/black ba xr seats...

Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

02tonna wrote:

yeah ford should clear the air bag light for you. and if there in a good mood it wont cost ya. they let me off when i brought my VT in to holden :oops: . as it is only a 5 min job...[/quote]

Well, to disable the airbag, you won't want to leave it disconnected. You will want to put a bridging resistor of about 2.2 to 2.9 Ohm across both of the airbag feeds so that the airbag module knows that there's something connected.

If you want to clear any airbag errors, buy yourself a clone ELM327 scantool from eBay and I can talk you through clearing the errors. Well, at least I know how to do this on BA airbag modules anyway, an AU module is still an unknown for me.

Lukeyson

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bit of an update...

so iv slowed the full conversion down.. also decided i wanted the Red XR interior (seats and door trims) and have realized most sellers sell seats and trims as a pack...

so for now iv started to mod my black xr door trims to fit the AU dash... hear is some progress...
this show the part iv had to cut out to allow the doors to close... also have removed the speaker grill
you can see in the center (and just to the right) of this image that there is two holes... one with a white plastic thread in it and the other with paint scraped of around it(from me trying to remove the white thread bit)

The white plastic bit had to be moved for the door handle to screw into...(from top to bottom) so im wondering if the AU3 doors have wholes to fit BA trims? as there are a few others i will have to move like the two at the bottom of the door trim... also wonder if S1 and S2 doors have the whole to move the plastic thread bits too?(hope that makes sense)

and theres two of the door closed...

Cheers Cam

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

all coming along now...... keep u the good work

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

well your certainly getting there. what are you going to cover the dirty big gaping holes with?

Go The Mighty Falcon.

2004 BA XR6 FORD FALCON
COLD AIR INTAKE, FLASH TUNER, 2 1/2 PERFORMANCE EXHAUST, JOHN BOWE SIGNATURE SERIES BILLLET THROTTLE BODIE, REFLECTIVE TINT, CLARION 5X7 WITH INBUILT CAPACITOR,NOW WITH FUSION ENCOUNTER 10 IN SUB+AMP, RED SMOOTH CALIPERS, BUT STILL ONE NUTS DRIVER.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 8  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next