Front RHS window Runner..Please need help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Front RHS window Runner..Please need help
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:26 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Hi Guys
Its a EF GLi
I have been having some problems with winding my drives side window up and down ( its a hand winder one )..It moves side to side in the runner and gets stuck :x
I even brought a new winder assembly for it but its still the same.I have brought some spray and that works ok for a about 1 min..than it get stuck again. I have also tried to adjust the tracks them selves but that dose not help much :x
I would not worrie to much but its going for a roadworthy soon. Has anyone got any ideas on how I could fix this

Thanks
Lucion

Post subject: Re: Front RHS window Runner..Please need help
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

Lucion wrote:
Hi Guys
Its a EF GLi
I have been having some problems with winding my drives side window up and down ( its a hand winder one )..It moves side to side in the runner and gets stuck :x
I even brought a new winder assembly for it but its still the same.I have brought some spray and that works ok for a about 1 min..than it get stuck again. I have also tried to adjust the tracks them selves but that dose not help much :x
I would not worrie to much but its going for a roadworthy soon. Has anyone got any ideas on how I could fix this

Thanks
Lucion

the rubbers could be worn out or full of dirt,i read you can slot the holes for more adjustment.sounds like its binding on the edge of the glass.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:03 pm 
Smokin em up

hans hartman wrote:
Lucion wrote:
Hi Guys
Its a EF GLi

Thanks
Lucion

the rubbers could be worn out or full of dirt,i read you can slot the holes for more adjustment.sounds like its binding on the edge of the glass.

yes that's whats its doing...the tracks are not bolted in there they are spot welded :x

i heard some graphite would help...but I have no idea what they meant by that weather its a powder or in a stick..or what ever and i don't have any idea where you would get it.

I wonder if you can buy new ones...well its driving me nuts I know it wont pass a roadworthy like it si :(

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

find another door and ease or pry the rubber out off the channels,remove the class first,the whole rubber comes out,wash the track grooves with a tooth brush of similar to remove dirt ,mould and built up crap,when its dry use the micro fine graphite powder,small puffer type bottle about a 50mls size,it does wash out with time.clean your glass edges and rub some on before you put the glass back in.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:27 pm 
Smokin em up

micro fine graphite powder,small puffer type bottle about a 50mls size <---- Where would you go to buy that ?

and thanks for your help so far
Lucion

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Lucion wrote:
micro fine graphite powder,small puffer type bottle about a 50mls size <---- Where would you go to buy that ?

Lucion

any parts shop should sell it,ring a few up in your area,industrial suppliers.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:37 pm 
Smokin em up

hans hartman wrote:
Lucion wrote:

Lucion

ok I will give it a try..I live in a small country town..it sucks sometimes...so a place like repco be a place to try ?

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Lucion wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
Lucion wrote:

Lucion

ok I will give it a try..I live in a small country town..it sucks sometimes...so a place like repco be a place to try ?

yes,thats why i said ring around,in a small town they may have some or you can order it in over nite

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:48 pm 
Smokin em up

hans hartman wrote:
Lucion wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
Lucion wrote:

Lucion

yes,thats why i said ring around,in a small town they may have some or you can order it in over nite

Thanks so much for your help Hans :)

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i haave a similar problem here,10 suppliers with limited stock,but can get it over nite or a few days,if i drive the car it takes all day to see them,if i ring my favourites-10 minutes away,i get it done,the impossible takes a week.be carefull a little goes along way,it spreads when rubbed in.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:45 pm 
Smokin em up

hans hartman wrote:
i haave a similar problem here,10 suppliers with limited stock,but can get it over nite or a few days,if i drive the car it takes all day to see them,if i ring my favourites-10 minutes away,i get it done,the impossible takes a week.be carefull a little goes along way,it spreads when rubbed in.

oh well thats good to know I wont need that much then. I well pick some up next week.
I am getting some new tyes for the wheels I have so I will get it then

this is my build thread if your interested :)
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/luc-s-ef-gli-build-t113341.html

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]