Fordmods Logo

grrrr blend door motor....how the hell do u remove it. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: grrrr blend door motor....how the hell do u remove it.
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:40 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

hey everyone. im still wrecking the EA and someone asked for climate control parts and that includes the damn blend door motor.....i located it on top of the heater box but how the hell is the box connected to the chassis? its so damn tight....i cant find any screws that hold it down. is it like glued in EXTREMELY or are there screws outside the car that somehow hold the thing in? i just need to remove the blend door motor but its proven difficult. managed to lacerate my thumb in the process.

cheers everyone

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

if its anything liek ef/el screws will be on the firewall of teh car 5 11mm bolts, u will need to take heater hoses and A/C lines out as well.

good luck caus its a prick of a job

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

The BDM is held on by rivets - the ones I got from the wreckers I used a sharp thin chisel between each leg and the heaterbox to shear through the rivets - the BDM legs may need slight straightening, but you could possibly butcher the heaterbox - which is not good obviously if they want the heaterbox as well. Then you remove the fan speed controller, etc. The adaptor of the blend door shaft needs to go with the BDM.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:55 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

yeah thanks tim.....i saw like 5 or 6 bolts thingy sticking out into the engine bay....i unscrewed it but hell it didnt move after i used a hammer to bash the screw in. ill give it a shot again tomorrow cheers....

snap0964 thanks mate. but i think im going keep the heater box just incase.....i want to learn how to remove things the proper way at the moment so that when i do need to change the BDM in my EL (hope i never do) i know something and work on it. but if it gives me the s**t tomorrow.......bye bye heater box.

phong =P~

EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

No probs dude - Dave (the_scotsman)has some pretty good heaterbox pics here: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... c&start=20 .
All E series heaterboxs are pretty much the same, except on yours you'll find the vacuum solenoid unit sits over on the recirc air box.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

cheers snap =D and damn that was a lot of wiring.....i wonder if it would look the same if i took all the wires out of the removed dash. ah wells

anyways ill keep it updated to see if im either cursing and lacerate my hands again or if i got it out.

thanks

phong =P~

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

u will have to wriggle the box a bit once the screws are ondone you notice it being loose, then you will have to get the heater hoses off and ac lines otherwise it wont move far. have fun

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

well i never even had the chance to put a hammer to it today cause i had work....hopefully i can do it some time soon.

phong =P~

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:24 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2005 Hi-Ace

VIC, Australia

did you undo the right nuts? it should pull through fairly easily. i wouldnt hammer it either unless you want to break it :P als the blend door motor is held in with screws onlt the bracket is pop riveted in. unless the person wants the bracket as well to convert their old heater box.

2005 Toyota Hi-Ace aka ICE CUBE

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 1999 AU futura

NSW, Australia

Last week i replaced a blendor motor in a EF fairmont ghia.Didnt remove the heater box at all.Just removed the dash and column and kick panels and other little fidly parts.Then cut part of the padding so i had more room.Then i used a philips screw bit and a small quarter spanner and removed all 4 screws which held the blendor motor to the bracket.Slipped the new one in lined it back up and screwed it back down.And refitted the dash and there you go.Nice and simple.But if you dont want to cut your padding well you will have to disconnect your heater pipes and a/c pipes too,that means running your gas out of the system.And its quiet pricey to get the a/c system regassed.

COMING SOON,XD WITH A TURBO...CLEVO STYLE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]