Help...there is something dead in the fan/air cond. of my EF 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Help...there is something dead in the fan/air cond. of my EF
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 97 EL Falcon

QLD, Australia

:shock:

Hi I need help please.....there is a dead animal in the dash of my EF. It's stuck on the fan as when I turn it on I can hear it clunking around...and it's got to be a bloody rat or a snake as there's no way a mouse of a frog could make so much noise.........AND SMELL SO BAD!

I have googled with not much luck on how to get in there and have only really removed the glovebox and tried to see in and up under the dash but it's impossible.

The smell is enough to make you want to vomit, it smells like I have 2 week old road kill on the seat beside me! So to get me through I have had all windows down when driving and a can of Glen 20!

Is there any way I can get in to I think the rear centre of my dash on the firewall to try and remove whatever the hell it is?? Without removing the whole dash.....I so don't want to do that as I know it will not go back as is and I will probably stuff other things trying to do it.

thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Help...there is something dead in the fan/air cond. of my EF
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:09 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

OMG...sorry but I couldn't stop laughing hahaha...

You should be able to get access to the fan box via the passenger side. Under the glove box (not behind) next to the kick panel. Put your head under there and look up, there should be a square hole...or something. Might be covered by a door flap. If the door flap is there, you can push it open (spring loaded I think...or vacuum controlled to open) and touch the fan.

Sorry about the vague description, I haven't put my hand up it in a while since I don't get leaves in the system anymore.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Post subject: Re: Help...there is something dead in the fan/air cond. of my EF
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

From memory I think you can (with difficulty) pull the fan out without taking the dash out. Take the glovebox out and eventually you'll get to 3x 10mm nuts that can come out but you'll need deep sockets. A dead anything in the vents would blow; no pun..

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]