Fordmods Logo

Help with modding new AU Fairmont, Ideas? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Help with modding new AU Fairmont, Ideas?
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hello everybody,

Lemme give some background info first, I have recently turned 18 and bought myself a 1998 AU Fairmont in the gold/champagne colour. Quite a nice little score 5k and only 140,000kms on the clock.
Now let me get this straight, I am a complete noob to cars :P. Given that, I want to mod my car to be a pretty cool ride, dont really care for the performance just the interior/exterior of it. So I am ready to listen to all ideas you have and any guides/ help you can point me too :)

At the moment I can think of a few things I am going to fix up
    Replace interior handles with chrome ones
    Leather seat covers (cream/black) ((Unsure of pricing and if this is even possible :P))
    Leather bits in the door trim
    Replace all lights inside with another colour LED's (Rear Footwell light, T-Bar Selector, Power Window switches and Dash Switches, dome light). Also wondering which colour would look best with a gold colour car like mine, thought red/blue/green unsure which
    Blue/green/red Neons in the Front Footwell's/under the front seats.
    Clear side indicators
    DVD Headunit, need good cheap choices
    Rims that suit car, ideas please :D, kinda like the black/carbon style ones,whitewall tyres would also be sick
    Paint the callipers red
    Darkest legal tinted windows
    Different grille
    Some of those blue headlights would be awesome, dont know the name help needed for these :P
    Lowered
    Be cool to change the dash cluster thingy to like white or something with some colour leds as in car
    Change the powerwindow surround to woodgrain
    BA scuff plates?
    Your ideas also!

Anyways if anybody could help with these things and give rough prices for them too that would be fantastic, also feel free to comment or diss whatever i said. So yer just help out with ideas for this complete noob :D

Thanks

Last edited by Firebug on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Help with modding new AU Fairmont, Ideas?
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

I think the colour of the car is called Ameretto mett and the paint code is W6, as s2 and 3 had the more champagne looking colour,

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:23 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Yer thanks thats the colour mate :)

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:09 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

number 1, Neons are a big no no. Tacky as s**t, as are lether seatcovers on ebay. Keep the standed interior until ya got the money to retrim parts proply.

Sound system is another easy shop thing. Autobarn and what not will be help there.

AUs are the 1 ford that really need a bodykit. S1 tickford kit seems to be a winner.
keep normal lights if ya like being able to see stuff.
Lower it first before anthing else. not to expencive. but rims and kit, with standed hight = Fail.

as for rims, millions of choices. every likes different things. Black rims are always a winner in my books, 18x8s seem to be the norm. little to narrow for my liking, but oh well.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:35 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

phatEB wrote:
number 1, Neons are a big no no. Tacky as s**t, as are lether seatcovers on ebay. Keep the standed interior until ya got the money to retrim parts proply.

Sound system is another easy shop thing. Autobarn and what not will be help there.

AUs are the 1 ford that really need a bodykit. S1 tickford kit seems to be a winner.
keep normal lights if ya like being able to see stuff.
Lower it first before anthing else. not to expencive. but rims and kit, with standed hight = Fail.

as for rims, millions of choices. every likes different things. Black rims are always a winner in my books, 18x8s seem to be the norm. little to narrow for my liking, but oh well.

Alright thanks for that wasnt too sure about the neons sorta thought they looked cool but dont wanna be a laughing stock haha! Alright i'll take note of those leather seatcovers and hopefully one day can save up a bit to fully redo the interior.

Thanks for the sound system help hopefully they can sort me out with a good package.
Will have a good look into the body kits as yer ill admit their shape isnt that great :P any links maybe or photos/prices that i could have a view over? Also yer nearly forgot about the lowering thats a defs to do. Thanks heaps mate and yer pretty sure ill go the black rims would look mean with the gold body.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Alright found a TS50 bodykit and primed it costs $2673 + delivery of $187.00http://ssv.com.au/product.php?BKP058

Just wondering if theres any cheaper ones available or is that around what i should be paying?

Otherwise theirs this kit http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TS50-BODY-KIT-FO ... 53e4918da3 which is located in melb so would be able to pickup and its only $650!! However it does need to be primed however surely that cant cost to much. doesnt include wing, fog lights or mesh though. what you guys think of the wing?

Last edited by Firebug on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

buy a wrecked Ghia, and have fun transfered all the goodies into yours including the VCT motor

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Thats a good kit at a fair price. Ebay has cheap as ones, but probely wont fit right.

Like they say, Get what ya pay for :)

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:05 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Yer thats probably very true getting what you pay for and i presume ebay kit would be more easily cracked etc. Very interested in that kit from ssv now just to save up haha thanks for that idea mate !

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

no worries.
I fell for the cheap tacky look ages ago. Only just got out, happy to help others steer clear.

and if ya got good looking, well done fairmont. Cops will be easyer to get along with then if ya got a tacky neoned ricer fairmont.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]