High Series Instrument Cluster Into Ea 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: High Series Instrument Cluster Into Ea
Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:14 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 89 Ford Falcon

WA, Australia

Heya guys

I am wanting to put in a High Series Instrument Cluster into my Ea Falcon GL and was wondering if someone has done this before and wouldnt mind helping out... or if they had a link to someone elses thread who has done this conversion.

I have a cluster from a 92 fairlane and the wiring harness from the entire dash... from what i can understand i will be best to remove the rest of the wiring from the fairlane for the door sensor warning lights as well...?

The next step was to strip the fairlane dash wiring harness from the 3 cluster plugs (mainly the doors plug) down the entire lengh of the wiring harness to i reach the actual plugs for the door sensor connecting plugs at the other end of the loom. The 2 other cluster plugs only need a few inches of wire so they can be grafted into the existing Ea dash loom.... Does that sound right or am i going about this wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Frank

Post subject: Re: High Series Instrument Cluster Into Ea
Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 89 Ford Falcon

WA, Australia

Love the EL Doco, it should be pretty much the same for the Ea i guess... it should help me a lot.

Thanks Champ

Cheers

:D
uniacidz wrote:
Check out both of these docos> the second link shows instructions on how to do it, but its for the ef-el series, but should be relevant to what you need to do.

I personally do not know matey, but if these links dont help, then i hope someone else can provide input.

Good luck

documents.php?d=45

documents.php?d=73

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]