Fordmods Logo

how to install power windows 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: how to install power windows
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:58 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3

Joined: 2nd Dec 2004

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

hey guys, quick question, does ne 1 know what would be involed in putting power windows in my cortina ? how much would it cost many thx.

jack :D :D :D

 

_________________

1979 turbo 4L inline 6 cortina .... TOUGH

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 7287

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

Location: Somewhere in
QLD, Australia

buy an aftermarket power window kit thru someone like jaycar and install it using the supplied instructions!

 

_________________

Banned

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 1434

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
QLD, Australia

I installed fully electric windows in my ED out of a NL fairlane ... Not a pretty job ... lots of wiring to be done, swearing, and cuting your hands on the insides of the doors.

Ended up making my own aftermarket switches for it , took a good few days .. removing the old window reguslators is fun too! ..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:07 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 386

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

you could follow the instrustions in the document,

http://www.fordmods.com/phpBB2/documents.php?doc=21

it took me approx 2.5 days to install the power windows from an EF futura to an EF Gli. I had to rip out all the panels and seats so that i could feed the wires from underneath the carpet. I also had to feed a large "+" wire from the battery throught the firewall to power the electric motors.

There is a bit of mucking around but the article explains things really well, but its not that difficault. Just follow the instructions.

Cheers

 

_________________

doing it in reverse with a fwd is like being fuked by a fat man and saying "well he has tits so i'm not gay"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 482

Joined: 16th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: VL RB30E

Location: aspendale / frankson
VIC, Australia

whats the cost of it?

 

_________________

Spooling soon...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 1434

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
QLD, Australia

depends on where you get it from ... and if your local wrecker has anything you need .

I've got a full 4 door power window conversion kit sitting here .. ,, collecting dust ..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:23 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5858

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

Location: Leederville
WA, Australia

au2low wrote:
depends on where you get it from ... and if your local wrecker has anything you need .

I've got a full 4 door power window conversion kit sitting here .. ,, collecting dust ..


hey mate - the kit you've got - what model is that from? EF/EL?

 

_________________

R.I.P. Scotty

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 1434

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
QLD, Australia

uglybob wrote:
au2low wrote:
depends on where you get it from ... and if your local wrecker has anything you need .

I've got a full 4 door power window conversion kit sitting here .. ,, collecting dust ..


hey mate - the kit you've got - what model is that from? EF/EL?


Nah EB ... all the motors are the same from EA/EL though .. just the switches are different ... i just made my own switchs in my ED easy to do ..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:34 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5858

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

Location: Leederville
WA, Australia

au2low wrote:
uglybob wrote:
au2low wrote:
depends on where you get it from ... and if your local wrecker has anything you need .

I've got a full 4 door power window conversion kit sitting here .. ,, collecting dust ..


hey mate - the kit you've got - what model is that from? EF/EL?


Nah EB ... all the motors are the same from EA/EL though .. just the switches are different ... i just made my own switchs in my ED easy to do ..


i'm specifically after the regulators... are they the same all the way through? i have the front electrics (as i have a futura) and was going to sort out myself in regards to the switches etc in the rear... but my drivers reg has just crapped itself, so i need a new one asap! :P

 

_________________

R.I.P. Scotty

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:59 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names