Fordmods Logo

I Need Ideas, People :) - AU Console into ED Fairmont 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: I Need Ideas, People :) - AU Console into ED Fairmont
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:01 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

ok to be honest, when i originally didnt have a console lid i bent up the edge of the maccas cardboard cup holder pushed it in the bottom of the console and they work alright for a week or 2 til they distort so u get a new one :D

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

peaandham wrote:
I was thinking about getting a hacksaw to the bottom of the EF Cupholders when fully extended and somehow solid mount them onto my consol under the Tbar to do a better job at holding drinks in place !

Or you can go the dodgey job if you have space and just glue a stubby holder onto the console lol !

I thought you had a AU console in your ED?

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:35 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford EB II Falcon

SA, Australia

Its an EB (wish it was an ED lol) but i took it out because i couldnt be screwed fiquring out how to bolt it down, and how to put the shifter in there ! So i went back to the EB on because i also like the boxy look of them. I might see if one of my mates could fiberglass me some drink holders into the console !

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

NEW CAR: 1996 TE Magna...Mods Soon To Come

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

i have an auto EF Fairmont, and i have fitted an AU fairmont center console in mine, issues that will need to be addressed is obviously custom fitting the console itself, as it wont slip under the e-series dash without some shaping, the gear selector will play games with you, i ended up doing away with the AU gear slector in favor of a manual "look" with a screen hooked up to show the gear you are in, getting the height of the console to your liking will take some time unless lady luck is on your side, the window switch was the easiest aspect. if you know how to read a wiring diagram and have the confidence to play with your wiring, then its as simple as getting some toggle switches and mounting them, i made up a panel to cover the shelf below the cd player (everything just fell off the shelf anyways) and mounted my switches there. Also the AU cupholders will hold cans,600ml bottles, sports drinks and any drink (except some freak jumbo sizes) from fast food outlets,

Another option is to retro-fit a high-series AU or BA 4-switch job into the drivers door and run the loom to it. im still considering it as i have a few too many switches now (shift kit, interior lighting etc etc)

takes some time and it is possible to stuff it badly causing no end of frustration, but once done is a mod that is very satisfying, is a mod i def recommend!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2