Fordmods Logo

Indicator toggle stick and fuel gauge EA 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Indicator toggle stick and fuel gauge EA
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:52 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

EA

Couple of problems... A mate of a mate decided to lean on my indicator stick or whatever you'd call it. Needless to say, it snapped off/was pulled out. It doesn't look like it's been snapped, but it doesn't seem to fit back in. Is there any easy way to get this back in there?

Also, my fuel gauge is royally F***ED. It sometimes goes up, then back down, and just continues to alternate. I ran out of fuel the other day with a quarter tank shown on the gauge. Is there any easy way to fix this? like a loose wire or something? I can get behind the dash easy enough, but it doesn't seem to have an easy fix.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

oh to stop myself wasting another post, where would I run my amp power cable to get into the engine bay? Is it like my old car and just up in the passenger side foot compartment or behind the center console or..?

Post subject: Re: Indicator toggle stick and fuel gauge EA
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

your indicator stalk is f**k. wreckers

fuel sender is d**k. on the EA's replace the whole sender unit which also carries the fuel pump. wreckers, just reuse your fuel pump

and if your car is an auto you can run up to 4 gauge wire through the clutch cable hole. if it's a manual there is a rubber grommet which comes out on the drivers side of the brake booster

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]