Fordmods Logo

Interia looms - questions for the leet modders! 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Interia looms - questions for the leet modders!
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Hey there ford modders!

I have been playing with my EB s2 Xr8 & found that it has a low series interior loom, the one that runs under the carpet. This is a big problem, as i have hoarded the gear to do a power window conversion to the Xr8, and have found the loom doesn't have the ability to plug in my power window gear. I cut up a fairmont ghia interior loom just last week...... :oops:

What I'd like to know, is there any difference in the interior loom that runs under the carpet between the I6 & V8 falcons? Or is it just low / mid / high series, depending on if you have manual windows, or front power only like some futura's, or full power windows & cruise like a fairmont/fairmont ghia?

So, what's the story, interior looms that run under the carpet the same for I6 & V8 or not?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Post subject: Re: Interia looms - questions for the leet modders!
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:22 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

with my ea i made up a seperate loom from a ghia loom..
and i beleive if the car has cruise control it should have the power window loom aswell..(my ed did)

as for v8 to 6 pretty sure they are the same interior wise..
i did a 6 cyl dash loom into a manual v8 and all plugs were the same.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey Troyman,

Thanks for the reply dude. I was thinking about just removing the bits required from a high series loom & running that ontop the low series loom, but i'd like to add cruise as well, so it would probably work out easier to swap the whole loom over.

All cruise car's I've seen have the power window stuff in the loom. Some only have front power wiring tho. I'll be doing a 4dr power window conversion on this Xr8. So now i need to work out what the wreckers will charge me for the loom, see if it's not worth getting a whole parts car again lol.

I already have a fairmont ghia I6 dash loom, i didn't cut that up, that i was planning on swapping in, so i can add climate control & trip computer to it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

i paid $20 for the floor loom i put in my brother inlaws ed gli to convert to elec windows, goes right thru the boot to tail lights, fuel pump etc. and had to pull it out myself

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

That's really cheap, i doubt the wreckers around my way will be that cheap. Last small piece of loom i needed cost me $45, just for the fuse box & 12 inches of loom! I know how big the loom is that i require, i cut one up last week. :oops: Stupid me, should have checked the Xr8 first, and swapped the looms, then cut up the Xr8 one that i won't need.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:09 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Best to swap looms, save so much hassle.

I spent a good solid weekend, rewiring what I thought would be a simple swap out swap in task. Adding climate control to my EL, I got a kit off of someone else. Came with a EF BEM and EF loom. I cut and spliced it all into the EL loom (which is very different), circuit diagrams and soldering iron in hand. Not my idea of fun.

Thankfully I got it all right, so magic smoke released, and everything worked.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

That's what i was thinking data_mine. I'll swap in the interior loom that runs under the carpet, and i will also do the dash loom when i have the dash out. The peddle box & firewall look like they have had an average repair, so i know i will have to have the dash out to fix them properly, so I'll stick the dash loom in then, and do the climate conversion as well.

I've had a look over the ford wiring diagrams, and yes, i could remove just the power window stuff from the body loom, but that would take more time to remove it from a high series loom & add it to the current loom than it's worth.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Agree with hybrid looms - you need to have it sorted before taking dash out, etc, so a fairmont loom swap is easiest.
You'll need an EB/ED green central controller for the cluster dimming (along with the light s/w), electric aerial and half height switch. The central controller looks very similar to the red/yellow smartlock module, but sits up against the stereo headunit.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Agree with hybrid looms - you need to have it sorted before taking dash out, etc, so a fairmont loom swap is easiest.
You'll need an EB/ED green central controller for the cluster dimming (along with the light s/w), electric aerial and half height switch. The central controller looks very similar to the red/yellow smartlock module, but sits up against the stereo headunit.

Don't worry snap, i have it all, and i'll take a pic so you can see the shamozzle that it is piled up on the ground. I have a couple of BEM's as well. I stripped a whole dash, kept climate gear & all the electrics from it. Switches & all. :mrgreen:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:55 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

I pretty much guessed you would've had everything.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:41 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

From what was stated above, does that mean my Futura with front power windows will have the loom for rear power windows?

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
I pretty much guessed you would've had everything.

Yep, everything except the loom i was questioning about, lol.

jrloz -> That's a good question - what model futura is it? ED, EF, EL? Where's the power window switches?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:08 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

EL futura with power windows up the front. Switches in the centre console style.

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

jrloz wrote:
EL futura with power windows up the front. Switches in the centre console style.

2 or 4 switches in the console?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:01 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Only the 2 switch console.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next