Fordmods Logo

Ipod wiring in BA 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

All this IPOD talk, I am going to buy one today...

I never knew that you could install an ipod into the ba.....

Where have you been all my life....

Mick

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR8

Power: 238 rwkw

WA, Australia

Gregg_13 wrote:
if you gonna buy one be careful, the 40 buck one is only the cable, does not include the booster pack, and depending on what you plug in can have varied volume leveling issues, 114.00 for the full kit from FORD

Correct, i was about to buy one of the $40 ebay jobs until i was told there pretty much s**t, and to get the Booster job.

03 XR8 ute.... 251.5rwkw and counting

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

I have experienced no problems with my one........., Only thing is I have to make sure the volume on the pod is set to full, otherwise it can be a bit quiet. Max volume seems to be very close to that of other inputs (ie radio, cd etc)!

Is there a major benefit with the updated version?

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ed

SA, Australia

The boosted one is better it also comes with the proper cable to connect the ipod and is retractable cable its pretty neat (i work for a ford dealer)

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:54 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Are you sure the cable in the kit is an ipod connector - it is a 3.5mm retractable cable where as the ipod uses a 2.5mm plug. i think you might need a connector from d**k smiths.

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Are you sure the cable in the kit is an ipod connector - it is a 3.5mm retractable cable where as the ipod uses a 2.5mm plug. i think you might need a connector from d**k smiths.

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:05 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ed

SA, Australia

fits perfectly in the bottom of my nano

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA XR6 Ute

QLD, Australia

the full kit with the bosster is ready to go, the half kit need and extrension connector from d**k smith usually,

Only downside with both of these kits is that control is still via the Ipod, where as the pioneer kits are fully interactive with the HU.

Bit of a bugger. but oh well.

The only other way arounf is to get the premo sound and then buy the Alpine HUB, this allows you to connect all sorts to your ford std system.

nascentes morimur

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Gregg_13 wrote:
the full kit with the bosster is ready to go, the half kit need and extrension connector from d**k smith usually,

Only downside with both of these kits is that control is still via the Ipod, where as the pioneer kits are fully interactive with the HU.

The only other way arounf is to get the premo sound and then buy the Alpine HUB, this allows you to connect all sorts to your ford std system.

you will have to tell me more about the alpine hub? Will this replace the std sound system in the BA's?

Just cause ages ago I wanted to get an after market sounds system in my BA and I could find anyone who would sell one....

Cheers

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

http://www.alpine.com.au/# (then click on the vehicle hub link)

Vehicle Specific Solutions

The VehicleHub Pro and VehicleHub are only as strong as the Audio Visual interfaces that allow the use of the factory-installed equipment. Together with its partner NAV-TV in the UK, Alpine offers a wide range of applications for European and Japanese vehicles.

Vehicle Specific Solutions are available for the following manufacturers;

Audi, BMW, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Nissan, Porsche, Range Rover, Landrover, Toyota, Volvo and Volkswagen.

Using a recommended vehicle specific adapter offers quality input of video sources and RGB input for ultra-clear display of Navigation maps to the factory screen.The range of available vehicle specific applications is continually expanding.

Interface solutions for locally manufactured vehicles have also been recently released and other vehicles are continually under development. Right now, applications for the Australian Ford BA/BF Falcon and Territory premium sound system are available.

To find out compatibility with your vehicle download the Vehicle Specific Solutions chart.
Vehicle Specific Solutions.pdf

NOTE, YOU MUST HAVE THE PREMO SOUND FOR THIS SYSTEM

nascentes morimur

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Gregg_13 wrote:

Hmm i might have to check out teh hub also

Nicko

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Gregg_13 wrote:
http://www.alpine.com.au/# (then click on the vehicle hub link)

Vehicle Specific Solutions

The VehicleHub Pro and VehicleHub are only as strong as the Audio Visual interfaces that allow the use of the factory-installed equipment. Together with its partner NAV-TV in the UK, Alpine offers a wide range of applications for European and Japanese vehicles.

Vehicle Specific Solutions are available for the following manufacturers;

Audi, BMW, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Nissan, Porsche, Range Rover, Landrover, Toyota, Volvo and Volkswagen.

Using a recommended vehicle specific adapter offers quality input of video sources and RGB input for ultra-clear display of Navigation maps to the factory screen.The range of available vehicle specific applications is continually expanding.

Interface solutions for locally manufactured vehicles have also been recently released and other vehicles are continually under development. Right now, applications for the Australian Ford BA/BF Falcon and Territory premium sound system are available.

To find out compatibility with your vehicle download the Vehicle Specific Solutions chart.
Vehicle Specific Solutions.pdf

NOTE, YOU MUST HAVE THE PREMO SOUND FOR THIS SYSTEM

What would it take to install the "PREMO SOUND" if I didn't already have it? Or should I give up now.....

Cheers

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

try ASL logistics or FTG.

Shouldnt set you back anymore than 1500.00 without the 6 stacker, but you wont need that with an ipod.

nascentes morimur

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2