Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Post subject: Re: leather seat COVERS
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

have you guys asked them for differant centers?

fingers crossed i get mine in next 2 days, and cheers for the tip slowxr6

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

Yeah no worries the best thing I would say is take your time with them. I know it is exciting to get them on but you will be much happier with the finished product just taking your time a bit. :D
And I got mine with perforated centers gives it a bit more sportier look.

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

they look aswsum as, great mod, and changes your whole interior aswell

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:57 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

im rather annoyed and dissapointed,

they said theydd have them to me before AFD, but have not delivered, no answered my email from 2 days ago asking for confirmation on delivery date (these guys are SLOOOOOOOOW on communication)

so i wont be able to give details untill next week (possibly) and worse i wont have them in my car for AFD :(.

but i will give the promised detailed post when i get them

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Territory

QLD, Australia

Just so you guys know, there is absolutely NO LEATHER in these products, only PVC made to look like leather by stamping a grain into it.

I had these covers in my Commodore and although very happy with the end result, they are not leather.

Dont get me wrong they are a fantastic product for the money you pay, and even one of my mates who is an auto trimmer was impressed with the quality of fit and stiching, I just dont want anyone thinking that they are going to get a leather retrim for under a grand, Cause its not going to happen.

Cheers

Adam

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: boonga ute

SA, Australia

"WE ALWAYS USE TOP OF THE RANGE OF HIGH QUALITY SEMI LEATHER (Includes some pvc)."

they state its not leather, so cant imagine anyone would assume it is...

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

stalker wrote:
"WE ALWAYS USE TOP OF THE RANGE OF HIGH QUALITY SEMI LEATHER (Includes some pvc)."

Well if people can believe that the electric intake fan will give your car power...

It's a bit of a misnomer using the word leather though (even as semi leather) as this product is synthetic, not leather.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

skidder wrote:
stalker wrote:

Well if people can believe that the electric intake fan will give your car power...

It's a bit of a misnomer using the word leather though (even as semi leather) as this product is synthetic, not leather.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:28 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

stalker wrote:

I have made bold the misleading words that will make people beleive that it is leather they are getting, and underlined a statment that makes me LOL.

With the exception off my Quote on PVC where I have enlarged and bolded the TXT for key words.

WE GOT NEW INNOVATION LEATHER CAR SEAT COVER.

Couldn't afford the 'leather package' when you bought your car?

Didn't feel the 'Leather package' was worth it because you hardly got any leather?
Has your factory 'leather' worn out and you need to renew?
Have you leased your car and want to avoid high lease-end return charges?
Want to sell your car but the interior is a mess?
Want to change the interior colors and go to two tones?
Do you just want to relax in the luxury of the feel?

100% GUARANTEE :

LONG LIFE
EASY TO CLEAN
SOFT MATERIAL GOOD TOUCH FEELING
SCRATCH FREE
STAIN & WATER RESISTANT
FADE FREE
UV / HEAT RESISTANT
100% PERFECT-FIT
Our seat cover is specifically designed for a make & model of car and all of them always come with nice Double Stitching.

It is not a case of "One Size Fits All".

Each our seat cover is "Tailor Custom Hand Made" to suit only the car it is designed for.

We can guarantee it will be 100% Perfect Solid Fit & 100% Perfect Tight.

WE USE HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL SO IT IS LONG LASTING AND UNDERNEATH THE MATERIAL IS FULLY LAMINATED BY THICK AND THE BEST QUALITY OF FOAM AS A PADDING TO SUPPORT THE SEATS AND MAKE IT MORE COMFORTABLE.

WE ALWAYS USE TOP OF THE RANGE OF HIGH QUALITY SEMI LEATHER (Includes some pvc).

WE NEVER USE CHEAP LEATHERETTE / VINYL / PVC AS YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE FROM OUR PICTURES.

Never us cheap Vinyl/ PVC, yet it states that it includes some PVC???? and what is PVC mind you???

"PVC is Polyvinyl chloride (Yes it is VINYL lol) It can be made softer and more flexible by the addition of plasticizers, the most widely-used being phthalates. In this form, it is used in clothing and upholstery, and to make flexible hoses and tubing, flooring, to roofing membranes, and electrical cable insulation. It is also commonly used in figurines and in inflatable products such as waterbeds, pool toys or jump houses."

By the way what is "SEMI LEATHER"????

It has to be leather of some kind right?

Ask them and they will tell you its a leather blend. PMSL

Hate to tell them this but you cant blend leather with other materials, It comes from a Cows Hide, not some material that is manufactured in a lab, unlike PVC.

But as I said in my previous post, Nothing wrong with the product and it is of good qaulity for the money you pay, Just think they go about wording their ad the wrong way. I think the negative feedback they have recieved says it all about what some people were expecting.

But hey I bought them and was happy with the product and will be doing the same for my territory, Just this time im going to try out PROSEAT and see what they have to offer, I know the product will essentually be the same, Just PROSEAT have the template to make my covers up and this lot do not.

Anyways enough with my rambling.

The choice is yours mate, You will be happy with the end product as long as you dont expect leather as Your Thread Title Suggests That You Are.

Hope this helps you make an informed decision.

Cheers

Adam

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA MKII

VIC, Australia

yea i realise its not real leather... hence the $599 price tag!
still its a good quality product that i think completely changes the interior of ur car

thanks for all of that advice :D

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:21 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA XR6 N/A

NSW, Australia

pimpinfordterritory wrote:
stalker wrote:

I have made bold the misleading words that will make people beleive that it is leather they are getting, and underlined a statment that makes me LOL.

With the exception off my Quote on PVC where I have enlarged and bolded the TXT for key words.

Didn't feel the 'Leather package' was worth it because you hardly got any leather?

100% GUARANTEE :

LONG LIFE
EASY TO CLEAN
SCRATCH FREE
STAIN & WATER RESISTANT
FADE FREE
UV / HEAT RESISTANT
100% PERFECT-FIT
Our seat cover is specifically designed for a make & model of car and all of them always come with nice Double Stitching.

Each our seat cover is "Tailor Custom Hand Made" to suit only the car it is designed for.

WE USE HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL SO IT IS LONG LASTING AND UNDERNEATH THE MATERIAL IS FULLY LAMINATED BY THICK AND THE BEST QUALITY OF FOAM AS A PADDING TO SUPPORT THE SEATS AND MAKE IT MORE COMFORTABLE.

WE ALWAYS USE TOP OF THE RANGE OF HIGH QUALITY SEMI LEATHER (Includes some pvc).

WE NEVER USE CHEAP LEATHERETTE / VINYL / PVC AS YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE FROM OUR PICTURES.

Never us cheap Vinyl/ PVC, yet it states that it includes some PVC???? and what is PVC mind you???

"PVC is Polyvinyl chloride (Yes it is VINYL lol) It can be made softer and more flexible by the addition of plasticizers, the most widely-used being phthalates. In this form, it is used in clothing and upholstery, and to make flexible hoses and tubing, flooring, to roofing membranes, and electrical cable insulation. It is also commonly used in figurines and in inflatable products such as waterbeds, pool toys or jump houses."

Hate to tell them this but you cant blend leather with other materials, It comes from a Cows Hide, not some material that is manufactured in a lab, unlike PVC.

But as I said in my previous post, Nothing wrong with the product and it is of good qaulity for the money you pay, Just think they go about wording their ad the wrong way. I think the negative feedback they have recieved says it all about what some people were expecting.

But hey I bought them and was happy with the product and will be doing the same for my territory, Just this time im going to try out PROSEAT and see what they have to offer, I know the product will essentually be the same, Just PROSEAT have the template to make my covers up and this lot do not.

The choice is yours mate, You will be happy with the end product as long as you dont expect leather as Your Thread Title Suggests That You Are.

Cheers

Adam

Please let us know how proseat are i would really like to know how it goes......

HOTKA'S XR
18 " King Wheels, Lowered King Springs,DBA Slotted Rotors, Grille, CIA
More to come....

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5spd EF

Do some mining in the forum, you will find this topic has been covered many times, with good info

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hotka wrote:
pimpinfordterritory wrote:
stalker wrote:

100% GUARANTEE :

LONG LIFE
EASY TO CLEAN
SCRATCH FREE
STAIN & WATER RESISTANT
FADE FREE
UV / HEAT RESISTANT
100% PERFECT-FIT

Cheers

Adam

Please let us know how proseat are i would really like to know how it goes......

Mate, I should have the interior all done by the time I go down to Sydney to visit some relo's so if you want to have a look first hand at it your more than welcome.

Will be down in approx 5 or 6 weeks

Cheers

Adam

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:52 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA XR6 N/A

NSW, Australia

Done.
I would like to see the goods, let me know when its on .......

HOTKA'S XR
18 " King Wheels, Lowered King Springs,DBA Slotted Rotors, Grille, CIA
More to come....

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next