Fordmods Logo

More random ideas (XF interior) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: More random ideas (XF interior)
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Hey, I've already made one post over in the V8 workshop about some of the ideas I had for my EF, so I'll make a post here about some random ideas I've got for my XF too, lol.

1) How good are the vynil/plastic paints? my interior (or what I have left of it) is all different colours, got some brown bits, some light grey stuff, and some dark grey stuff, is the vynil/plastic paint gonna do a good job of making it all one colour, or am i better off to buy new interior?

2) How hard is a pair of BA/BF front seats gonna be to fit to an XF? I know they are fairly easy into an E series, but what about an XF? What is a decent set worth?

3) Is there such a thing as seat covers that look good or are the all just crap? I would potentially live with my current seats if they had GOOD seat covers.

4) I'm contemplating fitting a WHOLE DASH from an EB to my XF, how hard will the heater controls and stuff be to hook up? Will it be a huge pain in the a*** to make it all fit properley?

5) Does a pre smartlock XG dash wiring loom plug into an XF engine bay loom and work no worries, or is there a bit more to it than that?

6) I need to get a new headunit for the XF, and I'm not looking at spending huge $$$ on it, I'm just wondering what people reccomend for an entry level headunit these days that sounds good and plays MP3 discs, preferably with RCA preouts, but I dont need them, any other features would be good but arent that nessacary.

Gab

Post subject: Re: More random ideas (XF interior)
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Good bunch of questions!.

1. Vinyl/Plastic Paints are great if applied properly. Ive seen them used on seats, on Airbags, and on plastics and theyve been great
2. Not sure about the BA/F seats. I think some people over on xfalcon.com have done it.
3. Most covers are s**t - unless you get a good pair of sheepskins. There are the odd people on ebay selling replacement seat covers - that might work. Ive also heard that if you have an early EA or EB Seat you might be able to unbolt the Runners from the XF, and bolt them onto the EA/B Seats. This is definetly NOT the case with EF and later seats
4. EB Dash is the hardest to make work : EF One is a little easier. Its complicated because the E Series doesnt have integrated Demister vents so you have to cut/shut/dodge them. There are some pics on here of people attempting it, and on xfalcon.com but most just delete the demister. That isnt legal but works ok. Best answer is the XH Dash ;)
5. XG Wiring is closest to EB/D, and XH is closest to EF/EL - but they arent just plug and play. Neither is same as XF. That doesnt mean you cant do it - I have a DC LTD wiring harness in my XF with an XH Dash (and the 5.0 ;))
6. Most of the entry units arent too bad, but consider looking around the $200 mark for one that also has bluetooth. Thats invaluable for not getting $300 fines for not using the phone.

Cheers

Nigel

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]