Fordmods Logo

My positive for the day - A/V system running 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: My positive for the day - A/V system running
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Something positive for today, finalyl got me telly screens and DVD player working! Woot! I must say I'm very impressed with the el cheepo stuff off eBay.com.au, i talked to a fair few people and red some threads on Car Audio Australia, and I must say value for money is excelent, and they may have been cheep, but they don't feel or look it.
here's a picture i took testing on my new nokia 7610 (second hand but new to me). if i can figure out why the fog light light isn't illuminating on the dash i;'ll be ready to start putting the interior back together!

o, you'll probably have notice the messy cables, there's a huge pile of them, i had to cut out the bottom metal plate to make room for them and now i'm gunna have to wrestle them into cable ties and see how neat i can get it...
(and yes, it is Running On Emptry that is playing)

Later on i'll have to look at the amp wiring as the front one is putting some whinning noise into the front speakers. presume an RCA cable is to close to the power cable as these are what usually pick up the alternator noise right?

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: TE50

QLD, Australia

Yeah RCA cables love picking up electrical noise

That looks nice man, good setup. Is that screen motorised or push/pull out? Also, do you have a problem with it blocking air flow from the vents above it or have you engineered some way around this?

Formerly SpuDEF

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

thats looks the same as darrens one in the race car!

Nicko

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

SpuDEF wrote:
Yeah RCA cables love picking up electrical noise

That looks nice man, good setup. Is that screen motorised or push/pull out? Also, do you have a problem with it blocking air flow from the vents above it or have you engineered some way around this?

you can't see from the picture, but most of the front of the dash is still not fitted - so i dunno if it's gunna be blocking anything or hitting on anything, only time'll tell.
and it's not motorised, reason being that a. they cost more, and b. it's another thing to break, and c. it will likely break easy as after all it was an el cheepo screen. it's a spring loaded push/pull unit.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]