NA fairlane Evaporator core replacement 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: NA fairlane Evaporator core replacement
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

Hi

I have an NA fairlane, I have had someone attempt to re gas the air conditioner, couldn't gas it properly, but I have found when I have shut the car up and then gone to drive it again there is a rank nose burning smell in the car. I believe it is refrigerant gas leaking into the car.

I feel the Evaporator core will need to be replaced, how hard is it to do and is there a way to do this without complete removal of the dash board (please say yes as that is a pain to do). also I believe these units are the same as the ones in the XF so I was thinking I would try to remove the one from the XF to see if it is in good condition if it is not too hard as well (I wont do this if it is hours of work s it is simply not worth doing if I only have to buy a new one).

I also intend to replace the thermal expansion valve and the receiver/dryer while working on the system.

All the seals are new so I don't see that being a problem.

Regards

Barry

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Post subject: Re: NA fairlane Evaporator core replacement
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

search.php?keywords=Evaporator&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
http://www.fordmods.com/search.php?keywords=Evaporator&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Thank you for that very helpful post. I did indeed run a search. I actually went one step further and did a Google search that has these pages indexed and got no relevant result, I have done a considerable amount of research on the topic. All results came up as
1. having to pull the entire dash board out.
One thing I was told back when I was buying this car was the Heater box is a lot more accessible in the EA to ED falcon not requiring a full dash dismantle to access hence me being surprised and questioning this fact. further to this the refrigeration mechanic said "that is garbage all cars I have worked on have had a plate that comes off the heater box and the core slides out".

2. this does not answer if the XF is compatible with the NA.

I would like to point out that copying and pasting a search link is not only disrespectful especially if it comes up with just garbage results. but also on many forums is considered trolling.

Regards

Barry

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Bazzy wrote:
I would like to point out that copying and pasting a search link is not only disrespectful especially if it comes up with just garbage results. but also on many forums is considered trolling.
Bazzy wrote:
Thank you for that very helpful post.
So it obviously wasn't all rubbish, there must've been the odd relevant post :|
You hadn't mentioned initially what research you've done - I don't normally bother replying to posts where I think people have done no prior research.

There's downloadable workshop manuals on here - for risk of trolling, I'll let you find those.

Bazzy wrote:
this does not answer if the XF is compatible with the NA.
I think they should be - search for Troyman or Nigel's posts on this subject. Ford spare parts should be able to tell you if the part nos are the same.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:42 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Well done Snap.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]