neons 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: neons
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

hi there i wanna hook up some neons to foot area of my ef mont how do i go about this? and how do you hook it up to a switch

Post subject: Re: neons
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:25 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

if you want them to come on when you open the doors just connect them to your existing footwell lights.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

just put a bowl of rice down ther while your at it

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Benny D wrote:
just put a bowl of rice down ther while your at it

huh?

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:24 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Lol

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2006 FPV F6 Typhoon

ACT, Australia

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong because I have only done it a few times, but I am pretty sure from memory you need to ground the switch to something, then have the negative wire from the neon connected to the switch as well. The positive wire can be connected to any other positive current in the car (CD Player, Cigarette Lighter)

I have my switch hooked up to my cigarette lighter, but it can also create a delay in the neons turning on if you have multiple neons going to the cigarette lighter as it isn't a very strong power source so it can take time for the current to travel around.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

J-Rod91 wrote:
Somebody correct me if i'm wrong because I have only done it a few times, but I am pretty sure from memory you need to ground the switch to something, then have the negative wire from the neon connected to the switch as well. The positive wire can be connected to any other positive current in the car (CD Player, Cigarette Lighter)

I have my switch hooked up to my cigarette lighter, but it can also create a delay in the neons turning on if you have multiple neons going to the cigarette lighter as it isn't a very strong power source so it can take time for the current to travel around.

Can put a switch anywhere...positive or negative wire, as long as it serves the purpose of breaking the circuit. Personally, I'd put it on the positive, with a short ground/negative wire. In regards to power source, pretty much anywhere, but would be good on your interior lights, so that they turn on only when you open car doors or turn interior light on...no need for a switch.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef falcon

VIC, Australia

i have ef gli also lookin to do something along these lines i had an ed futura earlier bought of a work mate had neons mounted on driver and passenger side in foot bay and in the boot although only the boot light worked lookin to do this sort of thing again eventually anyone know a good place around the melbourne area to source out some parts and also someone to help fitment would like to help in fitment to learn for future reference if someone can put up with me hahaha

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

jrryy92 wrote:
i have ef gli also lookin to do something along these lines i had an ed futura earlier bought of a work mate had neons mounted on driver and passenger side in foot bay and in the boot although only the boot light worked lookin to do this sort of thing again eventually anyone know a good place around the melbourne area to source out some parts and also someone to help fitment would like to help in fitment to learn for future reference if someone can put up with me hahaha

get in contact with GAB1

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef falcon

VIC, Australia

ok thanks heaps

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]