Fordmods Logo

New Interior 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: New Interior
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:25 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 29 images

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, kust thought i'd let you all know I've just installed my new interior into my ED. My uncle's NCII Fairlane got rear ended so he decided to write it off, so I bagges a few bits and pieces I was after. I scored the hole interior, which of course all of the seats, velour sunvisors, door trims, and centre console. Anyone who wants to fit Fairlane interior into normal sedan, please note.

Problem 1. Rear side bolsters are much longer on Fairlane than sedan, so would have to be re-trimmed. I manged to undo all of the staples from the velour on the Fairlane and just trim and wrap it over my existing ones. Turned out beautiful, and fits atreat.

Problem 2. Rear seat backs don't actually quite fit. Workaround, drill the holes the seats get bolted to body with to lengthen the hole so the seat can be raised by about 5-6mm so that it can close over the locking latch properly, and use a large washer to cover hole and hold bracket nice and tight.

Also, even though front and rear door trims fit identically, my car does not have electrics, so what i did was take off the padded door inserts with velour and wood trim, and drill holes into my original vinyl door trim where the clips would go and fit them that way.

Finally problem 3. I cannot upload pictures I have taken of my interior into my gallery for some reason. So as soon as I can, I'll be quite happy to show my nice comfy new interior.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: New Interior
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

MyEDFalcon6 wrote:
Hey guys, kust thought i'd let you all know I've just installed my new interior into my ED. My uncle's NCII Fairlane got rear ended so he decided to write it off, so I bagges a few bits and pieces I was after. I scored the hole interior, which of course all of the seats, velour sunvisors, door trims, and centre console. Anyone who wants to fit Fairlane interior into normal sedan, please note.

Problem 1. Rear side bolsters are much longer on Fairlane than sedan, so would have to be re-trimmed. I manged to undo all of the staples from the velour on the Fairlane and just trim and wrap it over my existing ones. Turned out beautiful, and fits atreat.

Problem 2. Rear seat backs don't actually quite fit. Workaround, drill the holes the seats get bolted to body with to lengthen the hole so the seat can be raised by about 5-6mm so that it can close over the locking latch properly, and use a large washer to cover hole and hold bracket nice and tight.

Also, even though front and rear door trims fit identically, my car does not have electrics, so what i did was take off the padded door inserts with velour and wood trim, and drill holes into my original vinyl door trim where the clips would go and fit them that way.

Finally problem 3. I cannot upload pictures I have taken of my interior into my gallery for some reason. So as soon as I can, I'll be quite happy to show my nice comfy new interior.

Cheers.

sounds nice dude and lucky thats for sure...sweet deal :P

to problem 3 ... what is fordmods telling you when u try too upload the image/images...that they are to large, invalid format or extension ?

If they are too large various products out there for free can shrink the image to a respectable size and convert the format.. normal paint (start>run>mspaint) will do most of this for you.

Lemme know if ya need a hand with any of that.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:10 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Phew, just manged to upload pics of my new interior into my gallery, so problem is fixed (operator error). Happy for to enjoy, because I do (its very comfy LOL)

P.S. Thanks big KEV and Waggin for your help on image uploads :D [/code]

Post subject: Re: New Interior
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

MyEDFalcon6 wrote:
Phew, just manged to upload pics of my new interior into my gallery, so problem is fixed (operator error). Happy for to enjoy, because I do (its very comfy LOL)

P.S. Thanks big KEV and Waggin for your help on image uploads :D [/code]

no probs dude...glad ya gort it sorted...interior looks good very clean :P...thought first off when the thumbnails loaded ya had like a yellow velour or soemthing :P ... hehe was just the light..

ps...nice pics of the lightining strike..looks wikid :P

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:08 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate, have taken thousands and thousands more pictures, kinda my hobby :D

Soon take couple of pics during the day, but with work being so busy before xmas......

:shock:

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

That is one schmick looking interior you have there. Are you going to fit a trip computer, auto climate, digital dash and cruise control as well?

Instant Karma is gonna get you!

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:21 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

camh1980 wrote:
That is one schmick looking interior you have there. Are you going to fit a trip computer, auto climate, digital dash and cruise control as well?

Yeah mate, you might notice I have more pics in gallery showing my trip computer, tacho dash (like it better than digital) and cruise control, but I think I might wait for the climate conversion until I have more time (prob never :( ).

But yeah, thanks anyway mate, took some cleaning, but very easy to do when out of car.

P.S. Car detailer once showed me a trick. Cleaning velour (especially light coloured grey in my car) is easy, just need elbow grease. About 1/4 spray bottle of degreaser (any type, I used one you can put on car paints to clean bugs etc.) and the rest warm water. Spray on a light mist and with a chamois, just rub the seats back and forth, then left to right, until she looks clean. Spray on more if needed, and repeat, but not to much, so it doesn't fully wet the seat. Worked great for me, an anyone that sees my interior in the daylight, is suprised at results. :D

Hope it helps somebody out there.

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Falcon

VIC, Australia

you did a good job on the swap mate, looks sweet! given me a few ideas too...

Getting a work ute soon,EF FOR SALE!
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... 055#631055

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

smick mate

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

sounds good. ill have to have a crack at the degreaser cleaning idea. seats could do with a clean

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1989 300ZX Twin turbo Z32

QLD, Australia

yeh dude. shmick interior! was it out of nc or a nc series 2?

Sold my EB :(
Now got my 300zx :)

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:11 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

bluecube wrote:
yeh dude. shmick interior! was it out of nc or a nc series 2?

Thanks mate, it was from an NC series 2.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]