Fordmods Logo

NF Fairlane And The Wierdest Locking Problem Ever in History 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: NF Fairlane And The Wierdest Locking Problem Ever in History
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

My NF fairlane when i bought it had central locking cycling when you unlocked the car so ive went and replaced the 2 central locking motors causing this issue (both fronts) and now the central locking doesnt cycle :-)
but a issue i aint got a clue as to whats wrong here
the key locking it aint working properly

the passengers side front door cant be unlocked with central locking but can be locked with central locking but can be locked and unlocked with key in that door
the drivers side front door cant be unlocked or locked with central locking
but can be locked and unlocked with the key in that door

yes all central locking motors work perfectly and were connected properly

any ideas ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Last edited by Fordsrule174 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NF Fairlane And The Wierdest Locking Problem Ever in History
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FG F6 310

VIC, Australia

wow that got confusing, i had an answer but i read it again then was confused
once more. :wink:

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

scud wrote:
wow that got confusing, i had an answer but i read it again then was confused
once more. :wink:

sorry m8 edited it to make it more easier to understand

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

yep, still hard to read!

Does your car have an aftermarket alarm?

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i didnt see any sign of a aftermarket alarm so i would say no

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Using the key bypasses the the central locking as far as unlocking that door goes.When you unlock either of the front doors with the key then all doors should unlock or lock.Check your fuse for door locks.Do you have a central locking switch in the dash?Kevman.

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

There are different models of the door motors throughout the E series and they vary in speed. So if you got some different motors to the ones already in the car, they won't "talk" to eachother well and will be out of sync. I reckon the best option is to replace these pesky motors with an aftermarket system from jaycar or autobarn for $30, and you will never have problems again!

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

well i bought a whole set i could change them all would that fix it ?

but they did have the same model number and s**t so like how can they be different ?

they came off a EL XR6

and they cycle up and down in perfect motion they start and stop all at the same time

its just they cant lock and unlocked the car front doors properly but with the passengers door im gonna push the central locking motor up and see if that fixes it as i used smaller screws than the holes in the door

the front door when you unlock it with the key shouldnt that make central locking cycle up therefor unlocking the car ? because it doesnt

Update:

went to unlock my car today and surprise surprise the central locking is cycling again
wtf can make the motors get f**k up like that ?

Update again:

after spending all day pulling apart doors i found it was the front drivers door central locking motor
the latch in the door must be f**k i spent 1hr studying everything in it and everything is hooked up perfectly and the part of the latch that the central locking moves up and down doesnt even make any sound it just flops around i dont think its meant to do that lol

Update Even Again:

After much googling and reading a cycle could be being caused by a build up of s**t inside the motor making it not contact properly saying it unlocked making it recycle another thing could be the motor has been full of s**t and now has slowed resulting in a cycle as they have to be in sync ive been told to take the motors apart and clean them and when i opened them to my surpsie the connectors were covered in black s**t so after some WD40 and a wiping from a rag its all shiny clean again and well lubricated and now moves up and down alot better so i will be putting in the front drivers door tomorrow for testing and will update and tell you how it goes

Update Once Again:

Tried The Central Locking Motor And It Works Great now :-)
figured out whats wrong after studying the front door locking latch/catch's i have figured out they are the cause of my issues here as they have obviously had the part of the central locking that allows the central locking to lock and unlock cut off by its previous owner as he didn't know how to fix the central locking issue as he admitted when i bought it off him got to find 2 front door locking catch's now and clean the front passnegers central locking motor just so i dont have to take the doors apart anymore for a while and should be good :-)

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

replaced the latchs all good there but my central locking motors at the front are running at different speeds went and put WD40 in the motors makes em run properly for like a day then they start having trouble once again getten f**k sick of this shiz im getting the jaycar system

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

have installed the jaycar system and it works so well its amazing when i went to unlock the el today it was so slow there is a huge difference

thanks everyone for ya time

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Nl Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone know if this fix is still do-able? My NL central locking is killing me! Do the wires match up? Simple replacement of the old actuators?
Thanks for ANY help!

Rick

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]