NL Fairlane ?? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: NL Fairlane ??
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:46 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XRGLi EF

WA, Australia

do the NL fairlane interior door trims have chrome door handles and wood strip on them??? whats the difference between a fairlane and fairlane ghia internally

BA XR8 manual ute black

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:53 am 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

NL Fairlanes are Ghias - they have low series and higher series options though AFAIK...all have woodgrain and chrome door handles though.

Low series NL options are standard velour seats / trims opposed to leather - I'm sure someone else can better explain this though...as I'm unsure of other options, considering Fairlanes got nearly everything stock except for electric seats, sunroofs, V8 and premium sound.

Cheers,
Steve

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

high series ghias had leather, premium sound system and a power front seats

low series were just velour and manual adjust seats, and single din head unit with stacker

Nicko

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Oh, I actually presumes NL's had leather standard unless deoptioned, whereas NF's had velour standard and had leather optioned.
See, always learning :P

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:57 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

As dcstraight said, all NL Fairlanes are Ghias. Back in the days of the NC, they had basic Fairlanes and Fairlane Ghia's, but Ford dropped the base Fairlane for the Ghia when the NC2 came out, as the Ghias were outselling the base Fairlane.

But as for the NF/NL. There was never a high or low series. They all came standard with velour, chrome handles, woodgrain door drims (and shifter surround in the NL's) and a single din stereo with stacker. Leather, Premo sound, sunny and V8 were all options you could pay $$$ for.

In Nov 97, Ford made Leather standard to combat the release of the VT's. And in Feb (I think) 98, they made electric drivers seat and premo sound standard to combat the release of the VT Statesman.

So, basically until Nov 97, any NF/NL Fairlane was basically a stretched Fairmont, with a couple of nice touches, as they have always been since the days of the ZC.

Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane ??
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

azza wrote:
do the NL fairlane interior door trims have chrome door handles and wood strip on them??? whats the difference between a fairlane and fairlane ghia internally

AZZA u were at the perth cruise y didnt u just look into my Fairlane hey?

Secondly u should of said whats the difference between a fairlane, a fairlane ghia and a fairlane concorde.

Concorde NL Interior....
wood rimmed (north and south), leather bound( east and west) sports steering wheel identical to the EL GT (apparently so)
standard leather seats are trimmed in Mako Grey with unique Dark Lunar Mist inserts - thats pretty right
leather door trims and chrome handles and a wood rimmed strip on door
'Concorde' printed on floor mats

and u got urself a concorde. ohhh and they 6 cylinders custom made apparently i read if u want it V8 it actually costs cheaper....i see y though cuz its meant to be a luxery car

Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane ??
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

BlueOvalChick wrote:
azza wrote:

AZZA u were at the perth cruise y didnt u just look into my Fairlane hey?

Secondly u should of said whats the difference between a fairlane, a fairlane ghia and a fairlane concorde.

Concorde NL Interior....
wood rimmed (north and south), leather bound( east and west) sports steering wheel identical to the EL GT (apparently so)
standard leather seats are trimmed in Mako Grey with unique Dark Lunar Mist inserts - thats pretty right
leather door trims and chrome handles and a wood rimmed strip on door
'Concorde' printed on floor mats

and u got urself a concorde. ohhh and they 6 cylinders custom made apparently i read if u want it V8 it actually costs cheaper....i see y though cuz its meant to be a luxery car

Ummm... Its only an XR6 engine... Nothing special, or other than what every other Ghia and XR6 of the time got....

And, its wood TRIMMED interior... Not RIMMED... There is a big difference there... :?

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

opps sorry....u had to correct me hey with the trimmed or rimmed part. im not a n expert with any model cars but having an NL i'll tell ya wats it consist of. those r the features mine has.and u read too about cars so u learn more as wats it to have and not. Relax man im onli a chik. so dont be harsh on simple words like trimmed and rimmed.

wat are u on about with the 6? im talking about concordes they come out as 6. i would love it to be an 8 but a concorde is meant to be a luxery car not a racing car like a falcon

ghias and that come out in 8's as well as 6's ive seen plenty of those in v8's but yet again wats the point on such a luxery car.????

the need for speed just keeps increasing with some people and trust me i prefer a 8 over a 6 anyday

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:14 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

I wasn't being harsh.. Merely pointing out an incorrect term, cos when someone reads it, they may get a giggle like I did.

And yes, I was talking about the 6's. Concordes and Fairmont Ghias all came with the XR6 engine, the same one as in an XR6, so something a little more special than the normal 6.

As for the V8's, the only option for the whole range was the 165kw V8 available in every Falcon, Fairmont and Fairlane....

And the Concordes were meant to be a "performance" Fairlane... Hence the XR6 engine, 3.45 diff, lowered suspension and different wheels. Still a luxury car, but with a little more sportiness compared to the average Fairlane...

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

arm79 wrote:
I wasn't being harsh.. Merely pointing out an incorrect term, cos when someone reads it, they may get a giggle like I did.

And yes, I was talking about the 6's. Concordes and Fairmont Ghias all came with the XR6 engine, the same one as in an XR6, so something a little more special than the normal 6.

As for the V8's, the only option for the whole range was the 165kw V8 available in every Falcon, Fairmont and Fairlane....

And the Concordes were meant to be a "performance" Fairlane... Hence the XR6 engine, 3.45 diff, lowered suspension and different wheels. Still a luxury car, but with a little more sportiness compared to the average Fairlane...

ahh okl....damn i thought u were being harsh! yeh everyone laughs at me what else is new hehehehe what do u drive??

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

TAS, Australia

ah and u forgot to mention the fairlane by tickford :P
the sports luxury ultimate hehe

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Rapier wrote:

oh yeh...get Daniel to discuss that one

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Rapier wrote:

Lol, a pimp's answer to the GT 8-)

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Rapier wrote:

Lol, a pimp's answer to the GT 8-)

Haha, i love that!

Yer its the ultimate fairlane, but it still needs a snail or/with a stroker kit hehe!

Feels too subtle after a while! 8-)

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NL 347, Landau

SA, Australia

There are V8 Concordes out there as well - I looked at one for sale in Adelaide before I purchased my FBT. It was the same money as my FBT but missed out on the decent wheels, big brakes and 195kw motor.
Shane

Weapons of choice
1998 NL Fairlane by Tickford 033
1996 NL Fairlane Ghia 347
1992 NC Fairlane Ghia 5.0
1974 Landau
1974 LTD

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next