Non Bluetooth ICC to Bluetooth ICC swap 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Non Bluetooth ICC to Bluetooth ICC swap
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2008 FG G6

NSW, Australia

hi guys,
after a 5sp auto failure in wifeys car (2008 FG G6), ive since got hold of a pretty good but un-repairable (structural damage) 2009 G6.. changing the auto and swapping the interior trims is on the cards (much better condition than mine) but since it also has the slightly later ICC, with Bluetooth id like to change that as well.. is there any traps (apart from radio code) that i need to look out for there? lost touch a bit with ford, not sure if they do similar to my pajero, were most support stuff for upgrade options are already installed..

cheers,
joel

Post subject: Re: Non Bluetooth ICC to Bluetooth ICC swap
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:43 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Hi. i thought the 'bluetooth' was an added extra that plugs into the wiring as per BA/BF ? as i bought a 'bluetooth' ph bit outa a FG awhile back :?:

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2008 FG G6

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
Hi. i thought the 'bluetooth' was an added extra that plugs into the wiring as per BA/BF ? as i bought a 'bluetooth' ph bit outa a FG awhile back :?:

Thanks mate, got back to this last night and into it today. After a bunch of searching, i found all of the info i required (why is this so disjointed? i dunno..), so here it is in a nutshell for anyone still stuffing about with this upgrade

1) pulled the top off the icc and dragged out the bluetooth module (blackbox slipped in behind the top of the icc).

2) checked wifeys car (4/08 G6) found no loom or mic fitted, so pulled that from the donor car (4/09 G6) as well.. bit of rooting about there with de trimming and getting into the map light to remove the mic (wtf didnt they just fit the map lights the same way as the centre lights we'll never know..)

3) fitted to wifeys car, in the process snapping off one of the icc-top lugs (but it i had a spare unbroken one, didnt i ;) ) and a side lug when i pulled the outer-drivers side dash cover off. meh, still fits securely

4) checked the ICC after re-assembly, still no phone options in menu, i assume thats the bit i need ford to reprogram? (if anyone can verify, thatd be tops, thanks :) )

Cheers for looking and if youre searching for the same thing i did and found this, hope it helped :)

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

not sure re FG ... but the BA/BF do not require ford to program. you do however need to be sure all is plugged in correctly & then with your ph bluetooth switched on try & sync to the bluetooth module. don't remember offhand what password we used on hers or mine [maybe 1234 ?], try when you first turn on to acc. if your able to sync up to it with your ph, get someone to ring your ph & see if it comes thru stereo [must have car on at least acc to work].

hope this helps ya :mrgreen:

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:24 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Territory TS TDCi

VIC, Australia

V8R wrote:
[4) checked the ICC after re-assembly, still no phone options in menu, i assume thats the bit i need ford to reprogram? (if anyone can verify, thatd be tops, thanks :) )

Yes the factory Bluetooth module does need to be coded by a dealer (or someone with IDS) for it to work.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]