Fordmods Logo

Ongoing Power Window Issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Ongoing Power Window Issues
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:23 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Fairmont EL

NSW, Australia

I am a little stumped. Wife borrowed car, rang up to say drivers window stuck two inches from top and clunking (darn).

Came here online and read some old posts for advice. Went home and spent 3 hours trying to fix jumped cable on track inside door (I now know it would have been easier and quicker to remove it all, but hindsight is 20/20). Fixed cable, motor was still playing up and old n slow anyway.

Sourced an aftermarket new motor for $90, topz! Replaced motor and window goes up and down sweetly, but have even more issues.
1. The darn switch won't make window go down everytime, unless you wiggle it whilst pushing it down, hard. And of course when it does that, it stays stuck down from the auto down.
2. The window never leaned forward before. Now it does and gets quite jammed and stuck coming up. I've read I may need some guide lube but WTF is it doing this now and never did before? Having glued the foam back on and sealed up the trims, not too keen to go diving in there again.

H E L P ! :cry:

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

you glue the foam back on? lol...f**k that...just let it sit there...save sthese kind of issues!

SOunds like you just need to adjust the angle of the slider/window bracket. Have a read of the electric window doco on here, I'm sure it mentions adjustment of the window.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EFII Fairmont & F6 Typhoon

WA, Australia

your switch probably has a build up of carbon on the contact that makes the window go down try pulling the switch apart and cleaning the carbon off the contact.. do this carefully as there is a few small parts inside that can be lost quite easily... as for your window falling forwards mine does this and i have not yet figured out why... i think it is beacause of a build up of gunk and dust creating friction and therefore making the window appear to fall forward (notice the labored sound the motor makes as it happens) im gunna give them a scrub and apply a nice dose of drylube and see if that makes a difference.. maybe u should try the same..

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

As I just said, if its at an angle, it needs adjusted...it's very easy to do once the door trim is removed...loosen off 2 bolts and adjust...simple.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]