Fordmods Logo

Original Interior / DIY Interior protect 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Original Interior / DIY Interior protect
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

I am sure I speak to everyone on here being avid enthusiasts of the blue oval - we all take pride and joy in our girls, and time and care to keep her looking good. I have been doing some searching through the forums and have found that many use amourall for their dashes as it protects against the elements and from light general wear on the painted surfaces (for the DIY's), but many have also said they don't like the oily residue it leaves... From my time at a company called WURTH (which anyone in the mechanical or panel industry will know) I used silicon spray. Does not leave an oily residue, easy to clean off if need be, and protects vinyls, plastics and paints on the interior, rather than seeping into the materials, it just puts a top coat on. Alot of the gyms use silicon spray on their vinyl benches to stop sweat seeping into the vinyl and causing premature wear and cracking... One tip though, don't do what one of my idiotic, one IQ point away from an egg plant mates did and spray it on your tyres - kind it makes it hard to grip in the wet... :roll:
Just thought I would share... :D

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Post subject: Re: Original Interior / DIY Interior protect
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

davro_xr6 wrote:
I am sure I speak to everyone on here being avid enthusiasts of the blue oval - we all take pride and joy in our girls, and time and care to keep her looking good. I have been doing some searching through the forums and have found that many use amourall for their dashes as it protects against the elements and from light general wear on the painted surfaces (for the DIY's), but many have also said they don't like the oily residue it leaves... From my time at a company called WURTH (which anyone in the mechanical or panel industry will know) I used silicon spray. Does not leave an oily residue, easy to clean off if need be, and protects vinyls, plastics and paints on the interior, rather than seeping into the materials, it just puts a top coat on. Alot of the gyms use silicon spray on their vinyl benches to stop sweat seeping into the vinyl and causing premature wear and cracking... One tip though, don't do what one of my idiotic, one IQ point away from an egg plant mates did and spray it on your tyres - kind it makes it hard to grip in the wet... :roll:
Just thought I would share... :D

hehehe on the tyre lmao ..what could be fun lol ... nah definently not hehe...well thanks for the pointer dude now silicon spray does it appear greasy under light ? i know some of the vinyl not too sure on plastics but vinyl protectants that dont leave grease or gunge behind but under light still look oily and greasy...does the spray u use do this that your aware of ?

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

Mate - it looks slightly "wet" for want of a better word, it gives it that new vinyl shine that you see in new cars... I think it makes it look better anyway... on me EB (going back a while now) I used amourall and because the oil actually seeps into the vinyl, it actually contributed to causing the cracks in the dash... :x Switched over to silicon spray, problem solved!! And the silicon on tyres, while its all fun and games doing some pretty impressive burnouts, silicon + water = write off, looked just as impressive as the burnout though... LOL :lol:
Oh and one more tip, make sure you spray the stuff with the windows down, while products are supposed to be alot more friendly to people these days, I know that burning silicon is carcenogenic (or however its spelt) ie - its really bad!! So breathing the stuff in directly might not be such a good thing, especially if your a smoker - LOL... :)

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]