Fordmods Logo

pedal set 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: pedal set
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:23 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

hey guys you know those alloy pedal sets you can but at super cheap auto, repco and other places like that? Would the fit into my AU? looking at getting a set, just pedals nothing else

Post subject: Re: pedal set
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:32 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

or evan better what about a set of GT pedals, would they go into an AU

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

.OZZY. wrote:
or evan better what about a set of GT pedals, would they go into an AU

Is your car Auto or manual? I will only comment on the manual set - as I have not tried it in an auto. The Brake and Clutch are easy, all you will need to grind a small section off the existing pedals, to allow the BA pads to fit over the pedals. You take the left edge off the clutch and the right edge off the brake.
Once you are able to get the pedal pads to fit over the pedals, there is a bolt that goes through each pad (check the middle row of black dots in the above pic, one is a torx bolt). Drill your pedals, to fit the bolt.

There is no easy way to do the accelerator pedal. I ended up plastic welding mine on. Keep in mind that if it is not done properly, it will break. It may not happen straight away, but it will happen. I have had mine break off once in the past. I have since re-attached it, and have not had any issues since.

This was the end result...

This is an old photo. This was when they were in my EF. They are now in my EL.

.OZZY. wrote:
hey guys you know those alloy pedal sets you can but at super cheap auto, repco and other places like that? Would the fit into my AU? looking at getting a set, just pedals nothing else

These ones are easier to fit than the BA XR/FPV ones, but they look crap IMO. I fitted a set of these to a mate's car. These were just a set of brackets that done up from behind the pedal. If you choose these ones, try to get ones that have rubber sections on the brake/clutch pedals. A lot of the ones on the market have black plastic (to look like rubber) or nothing at all. These ones are actually illegal, and are downright dangerous of you hop into the car with wet soles.

BA ones FTW. They look better, and are safer.

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

It is an auto :( i know auto..... I'm going to get a manual conversion later on though

At the moment I think as long as I know that the Super Cheap Auto pedals will fit I will go for them for now and get some GT pedals further down the track once it's a manual. Not a big fan of some of them but they are still better then what it looks like now :) just adds that little bit to the interior. Thinking of saving up to get some of those seat covers from http://www.ultimateautotrim.com too, maybe anyway haha they look soooooo good.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

ok so I went to a mates place this arvo who has the same set that I was looking at, at super cheap. The brake would fit quite nicely, the accelerator on the other hand is a bit to big for the pedal to fit over but I'm pritty sure i can find a way around that.

here is some pics didnt put them on properly, the accelerator is kind of just sitting there and the brake is clipped on with part of the bracket (my mum has been using the car lately and it is in desperate need of a clean!!!)

not sure why the bottom of the closer photo is red, photobucket stuffed it up or something.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:09 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 97 el falcon

VIC, Australia

i've got that same set exept for 3 pedals to suit the manual. fits pretty well on my el. only problem is like shown above its too short 4 the accelerator. i still rekon they look good cause u can't really see the top of the accelerator unless you take a close look. :)

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

yeh I think for now I'll put them on and leave like that, unless you actualy get down to look at them you dont notice that its too short.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

How well do these pedals grip when the soles of your shoes are wet? Any chance of your feet sliding off the brake of clutch?

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:53 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

I'm going out to get a set this afternoon, I asked my mate how they were with wet feet and he said their not to bad, he's never had a situation where his feet have slipped off the pedals so far :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]