Fordmods Logo

Power Window Conversion 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Power Window Conversion
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:11 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 29 images

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, recently I have installed an NCII interior into my Gli ED Falcon, and am loving it heaps.

Any way, I also fitted the inserts only into my existing doortrims (velour and woodgrain strip), but I'd really love to have full velour door trim to better match the luxury feel.

I thought now, so that the trim would fit, I'd need to change my manual window winders to electric (like I really needed an excuse).

Question I have is, in the Technical Documents, there is a Power Window Conversion doco for EF EL, and I understand that the doors are same as EA-ED, so that part looks easy, just the switches look different.

Now, how would I fit the switches to my car, or are they the same, save for for some cosmetic differences. If they are, then I'll just follow doco and all will be sweet.

Also, my other question, are there differences between EA-ED-EF and EL windows regulators, or are they just the same.

You're help will be greatly appreciated, as I'm going on holiday for 1 week soon, and will change them over then.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Mark

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

window regs are all the same EA-EL

easiest thing to do is grab a EB Fairmont console and main window switch.

then grab a fairmont body loom and the matching fairmont looms for each door. Should be all plug and play

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

it is an Ef/EL doco but you can still use the same for early e-series, just change as required. ie use it as a rough guide rather than step-by-step.

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]