Premium sound into regular BA falcon sedan 

Page 2 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Premium sound into regular BA falcon sedan
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

euphi223 wrote:
This is off topic but too small to make a new post.

Anyone know what size, what theyre called, the bulb holders are for foot lighting? Id like to put globes in the original spots, bottom of fuse box and bottom of glovebox. Apparently only premium sound cars and XR's originally came with them.

something like this? https://www.jaycar.com.au/t10-wedge-globe-socket/p/SL2661?pos=2&queryId=9b497b6815b1d5311aeb9ec4a3115392&sort=relevance

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA Falcon

VIC, Australia

Yup, your pretty close :D
Just found these ones if your interested
https://www.ledshoponline.com.au/produc ... ith-wires/

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

euphi223 wrote:
Yup, your pretty close :D
Just found these ones if your interested
https://www.ledshoponline.com.au/produc ... ith-wires/

just be carefull with what you pic ..... those clip on to 1mm max thickness steel panel as they look slightly different to one in front of me [but it just may be the camera angle lol].

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

The foot lights shoulda been done two days ago...but mother nature wanted to see how a lake in my car port, and surrounding area, would look :lol:
Finished it today. im pretty happy with the results, the LED's really kick it up a notch (BAM!) :D :P (Futurama reference)
Foot lights operate with key barrel & dome light, simple but nice upgrade. The cheap skates at Ford shoulda made em standard, along with window switch lights etc.
Here are some pics.
Image Image

Ill be back with AMP progress soon, i hope! Gotta find the time and courage to pull the ICC etc.

Have a good one! :D

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

After a long delay ive taken the ICC out.

How does the white plug thing come out? I basically know were the amp wires need to go, but not how to get em there. Im assuming behind the white socket will be a bunch of wires????

Thats a job for tomorrow, providing how that thing comes out.

Cheers

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:05 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

euphi223 wrote:
After a long delay ive taken the ICC out.

How does the white plug thing come out? I basically know were the amp wires need to go, but not how to get em there. Im assuming behind the white socket will be a bunch of wires????

Thats a job for tomorrow, providing how that thing comes out.

Cheers

:D

to fit the needed wiring for the ICC . . . . . .... dash out to fit wiring from behind. that white plug only comes out from behind .... unless you don't want the dash :roll: i'm presuming you have the needed plugs/wiring for the ICC plug? and the needed wiring plug tools?.

also - before refitting any ICC there - make sure that the white plug is pulled out [towards you] as far as it will go [don't force it tho]. otherwise the ICC plug won't clip in correctly.

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

ok....ive got NO idea here. So the plug has to come out from the back, and the only way to do it is to remove entire dash??? :shock: :shock:
i recon im in trouble! :lol:

Cheers

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:09 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

euphi223 wrote:
ok....ive got NO idea here. So the plug has to come out from the back, and the only way to do it is to remove entire dash??? :shock: :shock:
i recon im in trouble! :lol:

Cheers

which is why mine hasn't got the BA Fairylane/FG/SX-SY Territory/BA Futura looms fitted just yet :lol: :mrgreen: :oops:

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

I can get the loom i suppose. it'll be a bit ofa faf getting it outta the XR wreck...but do-able.
Think im missing something here...with access to the rear of the white ICC connector, where the stock BA futura wires are, cant i join/splice into the specific spots required?
or tap to the rear if theres not a wire to begin with.
May sound like a dumb question, but i gotta learn somehow :D

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:31 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

euphi223 wrote:
I can get the loom i suppose. it'll be a bit ofa faf getting it outta the XR wreck...but do-able.
Think im missing something here...with access to the rear of the white ICC connector, where the stock BA futura wires are, cant i join/splice into the specific spots required?
or tap to the rear if theres not a wire to begin with.
May sound like a dumb question, but i gotta learn somehow :D

ok. - to give you a better idea of whats needed....

the C-364 is the ICC connector with the speaker connections shown looking at the plug [as fitted to the dash & after you remove the ICC]. my BA ['03] doesn't have all the needed connections so i have a BA Fairylane dash loom so i can run the sub as well as memory mirrors etc. my other half with her BF Fairymont [base model so doesn't have everything] doesn't have the amp/sub fitted as from factory so i will be using some territory wiring to add it, plus territory seat loom wiring so she has a memory seat [but with out the memory mirrors] as it wasn't fitted with the memory wiring etc.

so re missing connectors ....... they will need to be added for it all to work.....

or

you could look into fitting an aftermarket sub if this will be easier for you?.

any help?

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Thanks Mad.
Ive got those diagrams too. I can appreciate that every car off the line was spec'd differently, Futura, XR, Fairmont, dealer upgrades/options etc, so the wiring is different.
Ive seen in the diagrams the LTD's/Fairlanes have memory seats to adjust to different drivers, so the mirrors move too, which is cool inits self. :D Youve reminded me to check if that PWR mirror option extends to the reversing system. BMW's exterior door mirrors automatically tilt down when the reverse gear is selected. Do the "hi-series" fords do this?
It makes sense to get the wiring loom. Think ill have to tack it down.

Thanks for the help mate

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:33 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

euphi223 wrote:
Thanks Mad.
Ive got those diagrams too. I can appreciate that every car off the line was spec'd differently, Futura, XR, Fairmont, dealer upgrades/options etc, so the wiring is different.
Ive seen in the diagrams the LTD's/Fairlanes have memory seats to adjust to different drivers, so the mirrors move too, which is cool inits self. :D Youve reminded me to check if that PWR mirror option extends to the reversing system. BMW's exterior door mirrors automatically tilt down when the reverse gear is selected. Do the "hi-series" fords do this?
It makes sense to get the wiring loom. Think ill have to tack it down.

Thanks for the help mate

it's most annoying re looms - the BA Fairylane looms i got had the same left front loom as my BA Parts car [Futura] so for the wagooon i didn't have to add anything :lol: . yes the Fairymonts/Ghias/Fairylanes & LTD's could be had with 6-way drivers seat without or with memory, or 8-way drivers or even 10-way, plus you could also get a 6-way passenger seat. my BA currently has 6-way non memory drivers & passengers seat bases with SY actual seats [territories had no seat airbags & neither does the BA].

if the car has factory fitted 'memory mirrors' it has the ability to dip the mirrors altho i am not sure if it's both rear view mirrors or the one?. also don't forget the rear view [interior] "Electrochromic [auto dimming] Mirror" as they are awesome. there are two styles that i know of.

it's also easy to get the 6/8/10-way memory seat working in any vehicle or out of :mrgreen: .

Cheers

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:08 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Very cool indeed! Sounds like your no stranger to pulling interiors apart multiple times :P
Ill have to investigate the mirror dip after this amp wiring...although while the interior is apart may save me doing it again.
Anyway, can i pull the pass air bag out of dash as a shortcut to gain access to ICC wires/plug?
Does dash come out with the ICC plug and wires?

Your question about after market amp...in the beginning i was all about the original 'premium sound'. The Amps installed and wired in the boot. I recon i shoulda listened to u about what a pain it would be :oops:
Seems ive gotta see the job through...but my god!!! What a fricken pain! :shock: :lol:
its somewhat comforting to know my impending misery has happened to you and im sure many other ppl in the group...i think its time for a beer!

Cheers

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

euphi223 wrote:
Very cool indeed! Sounds like your no stranger to pulling interiors apart multiple times :P
Ill have to investigate the mirror dip after this amp wiring...although while the interior is apart may save me doing it again.
Anyway, can i pull the pass air bag out of dash as a shortcut to gain access to ICC wires/plug?
Does dash come out with the ICC plug and wires?

Your question about after market amp...in the beginning i was all about the original 'premium sound'. The Amps installed and wired in the boot. I recon i shoulda listened to u about what a pain it would be :oops:
Seems ive gotta see the job through...but my god!!! What a fricken pain! :shock: :lol:
its somewhat comforting to know my impending misery has happened to you and im sure many other ppl in the group...i think its time for a beer!

Cheers

:lol: :lol: :roll:

there are i believe 3 types/setups re mirrors [roughly what i remember ok :roll: ]

base models - manual mirror adjustment only [via switch]
mid models - all models with DZ have extra wiring for the sensor [aircon] but still only manual control via switch
High models - digital control via 'grizzly' board which also ties into the "memory seat" section [3 settings re seat & mirrors?]. also has dip function for reverse.

DO NOT remove the passenger airbag ...... no use for what your thinking. and yes dash comes out with the ICC wiring. you will have a few [on either side etc] plugs to unclip . . . . . . try NOT to break em whilst unplugging em.

i still had to mod my roof lining to fit the sunglass holder/clock & centre light. plus change to a BEM controlled rear wiper................. wonder if i can have it ALL ready before All Fords Day down here . .... :lol: :lol: :oops: :roll:

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:52 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the info.
Upon a good think, and realizing my heater box is most likely stuffed, the jobs been put off till i can be bothered to tackle both jobs with the dash out.
Main reason i didnt continue was the copper clips/prongs, whatever theyre called, in the plastic ICC bus, were different from the ones i have. Theres actually two diff sizes, small and really small :shock: :D
Ill take the old ICC to jaycar, see if they can tell me which bits to get.
F*&k! thats NOT a small job....ill have to drink many brews to put that awful days behind me! :D :P

You sound like a keen ford nut! your upgrades sound VERY cool indeed. Im guessing you had a 2nd car to use while the other cars interior was obliterated??? :P :P :D
And those stubborn plastic clips!!! a tap or pull in the wrong way, out comes the super glue :D

The guys on Youtube fitting a $700 plus aftermarket ICC clearly didnt look at the manual :D it shows EXACTLY where to lift it. was a good laugh though! :P

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next