putting ef needles on el chaser 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: putting ef needles on el chaser
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

hi all i have taken the white needles off my old ef fairmont cluster just wondering what is the best method of putting them on my el chaser without damging the cluster as i dont want to damge it as its a el chaser

Post subject: Re: putting ef needles on el chaser
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:12 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Be gentle its an EL chaser after all, so just be careful with the EL chaser cluster from the EL chaser. El chaser clusters are hard to come by as they are from the EL chaser. Nobody without an option 20 has these, cause its a chaser.

FFS man, use a ford to remove the needles from your EL CHASER! Did I mention EL CHASER enough times?

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:

Be gentle its an EL chaser after all, so just be careful with the EL chaser cluster from the EL chaser. El chaser clusters are hard to come by as they are from the EL chaser. Nobody without an option 20 has these, cause its a chaser.

FFS man, use a ford to remove the needles from your EL CHASER! Did I mention EL CHASER enough times?

what u getting at?? lol i meant the best method to put the needles without putting the gauges out also i believe the el chaseres r hard to come by so ive been told

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:

Have you been drinking?...

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:

i think you were missing a few, so here is the rest to fix up your post

El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser and El chaser :twisted: LOL

but on a serious note just take it easy and be careful......

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

BEAR80 wrote:
dc_todd wrote:

El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser, El chaser and El chaser :twisted: LOL

i might not do it yet only reason i was going to was cause i got a set of blue leds to go in

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:
BEAR80 wrote:
dc_todd wrote:

i might not do it yet only reason i was going to was cause i got a set of blue leds to go in

Just be careful, it is a EL CHASER cluster. They're said to be quite rare...

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the sam wrote:
fordnut1988 wrote:
BEAR80 wrote:
dc_todd wrote:

i cant tell if u r being serious or not

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:
the sam wrote:
fordnut1988 wrote:
BEAR80 wrote:
dc_todd wrote:

i cant tell if u r being serious or not

Seriously, the best way to pull gauge needles off is with a fork as DCtodd said. Just be careful and note where the needles were pointing before starting, take photos if necessary.

Be thankful you're not attempting this on a N15 Pulsar. If you pull the needles off, it completely fooks the gauge. I had to get a new cluster and 'adjust' the odometer to match the old one.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah fork works good but how do u get the new needles into the right position so it doesnt throw the gauges out

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Im just kidding :P
But really, just go gentle on it. Dont force anything around. Clusters are easy enough to f**k with anyway so you shouldnt have any problems...

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:
yeah fork works good but how do u get the new needles into the right position so it doesnt throw the gauges out

As I said, note where the original needles were pointing and stick the new ones back on the same. should be right.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:10 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

Whats the time?

Use one of these..

A little of this

Pull your unwanted needles and dispose of them correctly

Just remember

I hope this instructional has been of benefit to you.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
Whats the time?

Use one of these..

A little of this

Pull your unwanted needles and dispose of them correctly

Just remember

I hope this instructional has been of benefit to you.

really dc?? u done lol

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:31 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

nah, I got heaps. You have been given the required info to pull needles and replace em.

I have a car.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next