Fordmods Logo

Putting Sony PSone in car 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Putting Sony PSone in car
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I wanna put me PSone in the wagon, I'll put the unit under neath the headunit, in the gap below the cigarete lighter and that. Not a perfect fit, but I'll work on that.

I remember when these first came out you could buy them with a pack with a screen and a cigarete lighter power supply. Anyways, I've been looking and can't fid the cigarete lighter power supply thing anywehere (not even eBay.com.au). The unit's power plug thingo on the back says 'DC IN 7.5V', reckon I could pick something up from JayCar to do the trick? I take it that because it's DC and that I won't have to worry about playing with converters or what ever the people with PS2's use...

Next thing is a screen - the screen will definately be in the back as not to distract me (which doesn't take much) and to keep the cops off my back. Since it's only a PSone and I won't get a chance to use it (as I'm driving), I was thinking about getting the largest flip down roof screen, one with lights on it, that way I can remove the factory roof lighting (which is just one pov light in my GLi) and put this to replace it. Anyone done something similar to replace the lgiht? How do you send the video wires up to the roof?

For the audio, I'll start looking for a double din headunit with CD/Tap and AUX in and then eventually connect the audio to the cars stereo. But to be honest I couldn't give a toss if there is no audio as it's prolly just annoy me while i'm driving...

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Saw a 12" (10.5" viewable) NEC for $430, that's almost big enough screen to play 2 player on!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:02 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF Ute

VIC, Australia

cleanest install i seen was with the psone in the parcel shelf, custom wood mouldin with carpet concealed everything, pop up pieces to access the controllers and buttons, connected to a top mount screen

Explorers gone, bring on the ute.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Lot of questions there.

Can i ask why you're going for a PSone? I mean.... Gran Turismo 2 was good but the graphics are getting pretty s**t. Surely a PS2 isnt out of your budget? Should fit nicely under passenger seat - inverters arent that bad.

If you need 7.5V DC head to d**k smiths and get a regulated power supply with selectable voltage. Regulated power is a must for these types of devices.

Running wires up to the roof is easy. Just pull all the plastic covers off of a B pillar - can run it under the carpet, up behind covers on B pillar and then under roof lining - all invisible.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

yes i must agree, why ps1? might aswell put a atari in there.. lol

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

XCH45R wrote:
yes i must agree, why ps1? might aswell put a atari in there.. lol

Because he's a tight a**!! hehehe jokes mate.

because: "it's DC and that I won't have to worry about playing with converters or what ever the people with PS2's use"

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i would imagine that the slimline would be DC, and as said in the other thread u can put a modchip in it ;)
i read on a site that the power supply in the ps2 can be converted to dc...
its going from 240VAC to 12VDC i think i read somwhere...
i'll try and get the site for u again ;)
thanks,

mitch

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Vibrate wrote:
cleanest install i seen was with the psone in the parcel shelf, custom wood mouldin with carpet concealed everything, pop up pieces to access the controllers and buttons, connected to a top mount screen

the cars a wagon - i.e. no parcel tray! ;-D

Why a PSone, because I'm buying one of the new slimline PS2's, and that'll leave me with a PSone unit with nothing to do with. No way I'd put a PS2 in the car, what's the point, not like I'd get to use it! rather have it inside the house. main reason why i'm gunna bother putting anything in at all is just to be the first out of my group of mates and that.

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Vibrate wrote:

the cars a wagon - i.e. no parcel tray! ;-D

Why a PSone, because I'm buying one of the new slimline PS2's, and that'll leave me with a PSone unit with nothing to do with. No way I'd put a PS2 in the car, what's the point, not like I'd get to use it! rather have it inside the house. main reason why i'm gunna bother putting anything in at all is just to be the first out of my group of mates and that.

F**k ur a selfish pr**k!
I like your thinking lol!
Same reason ive left my ps2 out of the fbt for now, more use at home atmo.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2010 Nitro Blue FG

VIC, Australia

I've got a ps-one i was going to put in the car and i thought why bother, buy a ps-2 instead! *its in the for sale section BTW :wink:

The boogieman checks under his bed for chuck norris

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL Futura

VIC, Australia

The new PS2 (the really small ones) run on DC as well, only $220. and can play DVD's

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Thats the best thing with a PS2 over a PS1, is that you've also got a DVD player! In mine, that gets used more than the PS2 itself. Good for music DVD's and s**t, so you can have something decent to listen to while the people in the back can watch and listen to it.

Then again a PS1 is still beta than nothin.

Me personally i still think they're a real wank value, and you'll get over it pretty quickly.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
Thats the best thing with a PS2 over a PS1, is that you've also got a DVD player! In mine, that gets used more than the PS2 itself. Good for music DVD's and s**t, so you can have something decent to listen to while the people in the back can watch and listen to it.

Then again a PS1 is still beta than nothin.

Me personally i still think they're a real wank value, and you'll get over it pretty quickly.

Doesnt mean nothing if you already have a DVD stacker in the boot :P :twisted:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]