Fordmods Logo

Questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Questions
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

I have an EB Fairmont Ghia and the question I would like to ask is in what year/model did the buttons on the trip computer and climate control change from silver to black. If I were to obtain a trip computer and climate control panel with the black buttons would it be a straight swap or would I have to make changes to the wiring.

I ask because I have recently seen a climate control panel for sale on ebay and the buttons were labelled differently and the display also had different images on it. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Questions
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

elusiverunner wrote:
I have an EB Fairmont Ghia and the question I would like to ask is in what year/model did the buttons on the trip computer and climate control change from silver to black. If I were to obtain a trip computer and climate control panel with the black buttons would it be a straight swap or would I have to make changes to the wiring.

I ask because I have recently seen a climate control panel for sale on ebay and the buttons were labelled differently and the display also had different images on it. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

the black buttons were introduced with the EBII in 1992. Although i have not tried it myself, i have been told that the non-CFC free black climate control will replace the silver button climate control. The CFC free climate controls are only compatable with the ED models. hope this helps.

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Theres also medium grey button trip computer and climate control too, not sure what model its out of though.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Sturmovik wrote:
Theres also medium grey button trip computer and climate control too, not sure what model its out of though.

is there? i know EA's have silver, EBII's and ED's have black. is the medium gray from a EBI?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

No grey in EBI cause I have an EBI Fairmont Ghia and I have silver buttons.

Post subject: Re: Questions
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

elusiverunner wrote:
No grey in EBI cause I have an EBI Fairmont Ghia and I have silver buttons.

fair enough, all i know is that EBII's and ED's had black buttons. Do you want to put an EBII climate control into your EBI?

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:00 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

I am thinking about it, of course I don't want the CFC Free one, although I have had the car retrofitted with the CFC free air conditioning. I am interested though in the different "graphics" displayed by the EB II climate control are they different too or is that on the CFC Free unit ?? I am also thinging of going for the black buttoned trip computer if I can ever get mine to zero on the display it always resets with 1.4 showing instead of zero and is always + or - 0.8KM/100L. Any idea on the extra question ??

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:14 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL GT - T2 TS50

QLD, Australia

EA and EB1 had the silver Early EBII had the black, and I hink the late EBII's had the same as the ED, and these do no work with the EA,EB1, early EBII's as they use a different Fan speed controller and the later ones use a WAC relay to control the operation of the compressor.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Wheres this WAC relay?

Ive got a medium grey button trip computer, dunno what model it suits (I got it new a few years ago)
Has anyone seen one before?

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:35 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL GT - T2 TS50

QLD, Australia

I do not know where it is physically, I have only ever looked at wiring diagrams,

I have an EB1 and I obtained an NC black C/C module which of course did not work, for the need of the newer style Fan controller and this relay, basically the newer units do not have the small relays within the module itself to operate eveything, hence the WAC relay as it is listed on the schematic.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

elusiverunner wrote:
I am thinking about it, of course I don't want the CFC Free one, although I have had the car retrofitted with the CFC free air conditioning. I am interested though in the different "graphics" displayed by the EB II climate control are they different too or is that on the CFC Free unit ?? I am also thinging of going for the black buttoned trip computer if I can ever get mine to zero on the display it always resets with 1.4 showing instead of zero and is always + or - 0.8KM/100L. Any idea on the extra question ??

i got good news for you mate, i have a black trip computer "face" that should replace your silver buttons and surround in 5 minutes. PM me if interested. No need to buy a whole new trip computer!

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

This WAC relay is on my R12 A/C EBII Fairmont and my ED XR6 R134 A/C and the rest of the under bonnet A/C wiring is the same.

If anyone cares the relay is under the coolant reservoir amongst a bank of four, 2nd from the left.

EDIT, on my XR6 there is three relay sockets there occupied with two relays, on my EB there is two relay sockets with one relay. Not sure what the empty one is for despite wiring going to it. Also not sure what the extra one my XR6 has is either? ABS perhaps?
Theres two other seperate relays next to this lot which I was referring to above my edit.

So im not sure when they changed the A/C wiring and C/C unit? EBII perhaps? Because it wasnt when they changed over to R134.

Post subject: Any trip computers that are 2000 complaince?
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: NA Fairlane

QLD, Australia

I just put a black NC trip into a NA and works fine. But it still is only 1999. Does anyone know if there is anyway to get a 2000 one ?Thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]