Random EF questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Random EF questions
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1995 ef falcon wagon

VIC, Australia

Hi all,

I just purchased a great EF Gli wagon, and its still an excellent car, i got ot for cruising to the surf and carrying dogs, could be any better, i have added cruise, and thats it. I do have some questions though:

1. I have read the forum, the workshop manual, and the EF manual, i think my falcon doesn’t like me cos it doesn’t do the keyless remote learning phase. I have done every thing right, checked fuses, waited till the interior light goes out, turned the air con off, turned the radio off, made sure i only turned the key one notch, prayed to god, budda, Mohammad and any other bastard out there who would listen, pushed the demist button 3 times in 5 sec and nothing, nadda, vip, zilch... any other ideas out there to get my wagons smart lock system into learning mode?

2. Will the leather interior from a sedan fit the wagon (probably a stupid q but)

3. What else is the Gli wiring loom fitted for, but not with? I mean fitting cruise was an absolute doddle cos the wiring was all in place, so what else can i upgrade the baby with easily, that’s already wired to go?

Thanks all

Post subject: Re: Random EF questions
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:15 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

front seats will be a straight bolt in, not sure on rears.

Quote:
Adding and Removing remote Keypads to the Smartlock module
Up to four Keypads can be programmed and used with the Smartlock Remote Central locking system.
If you have replaced the BEM, or new keypads are being added to the system, you will need to train the keypad codes to the module.

1. The ignition switch should be in the Off position, with all the doors shut and Unlocked.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY position and within 5 seconds, operates the rear demister switch exactly three times in quick succession. (IE. Press the switch so the Demister light turns on, then off, then back on again.)
3. After the 5 seconds is up, the door locks will change state, to indicate that the BEM has entered keypad learn mode.
NOTE : All existing keypads at this point, have been erased from memory !
4. Press either buttons on the keypad that is to be trained. The door locks will change state twice, to indicate that the keypad has been added to the BEM memory.
5. Follow step 4. for each keypad that is to be added to the BEM memory. A maximum of 4 keypads can be added to the BEM memory.NOTE : You must teach all remote keypads for the Smartlock module, before proceeding.
6. When you have taught all the remote keypads, turn the ignition to the Off position to leave the learn mode. The door locks will change state to indicate a return to normal mode.
7. Check the function of both buttons on each keypad, to ensure that the keypad has been trained.

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:18 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

u need to change the rear seat hinge with the wagon ones the rest will fit in no problem

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EBI Wagon & Mass Transit

NSW, Australia

1. EF GLI being a base model may not have the facility to use keyless remote locking so it will not go into learning mode for the keyfobs

2. The leather Interior will fit but the back seat is different in a wagon but the sedan rear seat can be modified to fit.

3. If the cruise was easy to add due to the plug and the wires where already installed then the car has been optioned so will have a higher spec engine wiring loom installed.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:53 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

LP_ wrote:
1. EF GLI being a base model may not have the facility to use keyless remote locking so it will not go into learning mode for the keyfobs

2. The leather Interior will fit but the back seat is different in a wagon but the sedan rear seat can be modified to fit.

3. If the cruise was easy to add due to the plug and the wires where already installed then the car has been optioned so will have a higher spec engine wiring loom installed.

i thought every car with smartlock had central locking after the eb

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EBI Wagon & Mass Transit

NSW, Australia

ausedwagon wrote:
LP_ wrote:

i thought every car with smartlock had central locking after the eb

True from later EB2 onwards it could be a faulty smartlock module/Body Electronic Module

The EB and EB1 and early EB2 that had remote central locking but no smart lock fitted

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

[quote="ramsamic"]

1. I have read the forum, the workshop manual, and the EF manual, i think my falcon doesn’t like me cos it doesn’t do the keyless remote learning phase. I have done every thing right, checked fuses, waited till the interior light goes out, turned the air con off, turned the radio off, made sure i only turned the key one notch, prayed to god, budda, Mohammad and any other bastard out there who would listen, pushed the demist button 3 times in 5 sec and nothing, nadda, vip, zilch... any other ideas out there to get my wagons smart lock system into learning mode?
/quote]

turned the ign 1 notch??

u need to turn the ign on so all the lights and gauges on the dash come on, (not as far as start though)

may take a few goes

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

Quote:
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY position and within 5 seconds, operates the rear demister switch exactly three times in quick succession. (IE. Press the switch so the Demister light turns on, then off, then back on again.)

I only turn to Acc.
Dose your demister light come on?

Member Number 8804

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

change the battery as they last a bit over 12 months and try again,it may work.if not go to a ford dealer service dept, i got them to recode 3 remotes for 1 car and was free.i tried the manual code instructions---they where wrong,the dealer got it spot on,so i wasted a lot of time.they change the battery in the services-or should in the better dealers. A23 IS THE BATTERY about $4

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1995 ef falcon wagon

VIC, Australia

Hey thank all, your replies have been great, and even better after following the instuctions put up by dc todd she finally went into learning mode, so my keypad now works, brilliant guys!!!

Now im chasing some leather seats.... and a wagon rear seat hinge.

Cheers again.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]