Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Re: DL Brake Light/Cruise Control Pedal Switch *SOLVED*
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

This one has probably been brought up before but for some reason I couldn't get what I wanted using the search function, hence why I'm posting.

Anyhow, the whole brake/cruise control switch moves around, it's held in by an R clip, you move it to what seems to be the correct position and the brake lights work, and after a few pumps of the pedal that switch assembly moves and then the brake lights don't work. I have also noticed when cruise control is engaged the pedal needs to go down a bit before it disengages.

My main question is really if you where to replace the switch is the assembly still gonna be moving around in it's assembly? or will I need to do a few modifications to stop the whole assembly from moving around?

Thanks guys :)

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Last edited by SpeedyED on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: DL Brake Light/Cruise Control Pedal Switch
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

There is a bush and 2 spacers that go where the brake switch hooks up to. You can still buy them new and it sounds like this may be your problem. The bush and or spacer has collapsed or is missing.
The bush part number is C9AZ 2474 A $18.00 and the spacers, 1 x EF 2B129 A $3.10 and 1 x EF 2B129 B $3.10.
Attachment:
Switch.JPG

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I probably should have said, when I say the switch assembly moves, it moves up and down, so you move it to the spot where the brake lights work, then it "center's" itself so that after about 5 pumps of the pedal the brake lights don't work.

I've just pulled the brake light switch out along with the bush and 2 spacers, The bush or spacers seem fine to me, but perhaps they are worn, not sure. As for the brake switch, where it mounts one side has a half moon and the other a full enclosed circle so it can fit onto the brake pedal if that makes any sense. Anyway that half moon part isn't straight like the other half, it's bent to the side a little, I can take a picture to show you what I'm on about though if that helps.

Thanks for your reply anyway Papa :)

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Actually I decided to take some pics anway:

Attachment:
008.JPG
008.JPG [ 78.93 KiB | Viewed 232 times ]

Attachment:
009.JPG
009.JPG [ 75.1 KiB | Viewed 210 times ]

Attachment:
010.JPG
010.JPG [ 64.72 KiB | Viewed 209 times ]

I didn't take any pics of the 2 spacers as they appear fine to me, albeit a little greasy. I took a photo of the bush as I wasn't sure if it was really worn or not, though I don't think it is. The only thing I can really see that to me is out of place is that slightly bent mount on the brake switch.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

I'd try a new switch. They do wear out. Perhaps the spring is doing funny things.

A Tridon brand one can be hand for $10-$15.

Post subject: Re: DL Brake Light/Cruise Control Pedal Switch *SOLVED*
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Definitely the brake switch, bought an aftermarket Tridon switch, and the ford part's dealer had the black bush, and one of the spacer's, the other one they have to order in. Thank's Papa once again for your ford diagram and part numbers :) And thanks SLO247 for commenting too.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]