Fordmods Logo

Removing fairlane ghia dome light. (NL) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Removing fairlane ghia dome light. (NL)
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

QLD, Australia

hi guys, I've just had an alarm installed in my NL but the problem im having is that the interior light stays on for about 20 seconds when you arm the alarm ...

My alarm has dome light on board and control it, I used to have the same alarm in a EB gli, and had not problems there .... is there anyway to disable it from staying on when you arm the car with the remote???

someone told me its controlled by the BCM or BEM??? is that right and they told me to cut the wire for it ... but im a but unsure to do that ..

With my alarm, when it was setup in my EB2 you'd disarm the car, and the dome light would come on, and then when you start the car or go to ACC it would go off ..

in my EB once you had finished driving, and turned the key off, and taken it out, the dome light would come on again, then you exit the car, arm the car, and the dome light would turn off straight away .... instead of the fairlane NL keeping it on for 20 sec's after you arm the car, because it is tripping the alarm system on it .....

Does anyone know if there is anyway around it???

Many Thanks ...

Sommer Girl ...

BANNED!!!!

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:44 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

thats the fancy BEM.... Fairmonts n s**t get that as well it does a fancy...slow fade of the light. You could cut the wire to it. or put a switch on it. i think thats the only way because ya cant get another bem for it, otherwise you'l lose other fairlane/fairmont features..

can any1 back that up maybe a better way?

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AUII Fairmont

WA, Australia

Just take the globe out and make sure the car still runs first, I have never seen it but people are always complaining that smartlock stuffs up if the dome light blows (and I don't mean the fuse)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]