Fordmods Logo

Replacing grey plastic interior bits in BA XT 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Replacing grey plastic interior bits in BA XT
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford Falcon BA XT

VIC, Australia

I know exactly what you mean, my Pop owns a 05 BF Fairlane Ghia - it's got the accurate door readings/other stuff...

The trim time/fuel consumption is on the ICC screen however. Brightness is + and - (You can't see the difference between dull and bright in that car anyway... it's interior lighting clusters sucks... goes for all Fairlane's)

Thanks KrazeD - I'll give them a good long stare and point at when I can hahaha

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I've done the centre console, the fuse box, the door steps and glove compartment, I actually like the grey on black plastic idea, I've still got the sides of the doors and up the pillars to go, but that small grey section will probably look nice on a black carpet/leather trim/seat mix.

Attachment:
File comment: Interior with black centre console/glove box/fuse box
IMG_9241(lower).jpg
IMG_9241(lower).jpg [ 348.34 KiB | Viewed 356 times ]

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

What type of paint did you use? I still haven't started on the painting yet, been too busy in the afternoons. Have pulled apart the other falcon, took f**k ages...

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I bought all the black plastic bits for 200 dollars... and have been replacing them, but after suffering a really big handbrake issue, and some clips broken... (now my side doesn't sit right, and the parking brake light doesn't come on)... I have to try and jimmy the handbrake further towards the front like the fairlanes so the brake cover doesn't get caught on the plastic corners...

I'm letting my local mechanic do the rest, he's wanted to do something like that so he's charging in the 2 digits for the rest... about 75 bucks or something, a lot cheaper than if I end up f**k even more stuff up.

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Nice. I've been lazy lol been trying to find a place that will fit up my bodykit and paint it for a decent price. And also getting my gearbox conversion organized.

Have finished painting all the plastics, just gotta find time to pull the other interior out and place these ones in lol

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

At most places in Victoria they'll charge about 100 dollars per item as long as it's not attached to the car... I want a tow hole cover for my rear end... $100 dollars to get it sprayed my colour :P So I'm getting a tow bar.

I'm not happy with the end result of my Centre Console because I f**k it up... I ended up yanking my old one out and figuring out that's how it comes off... but pull to hard and you'll probably take the shifter plate and handbrake with you (My handbrake cover doesn't sit right anymore, I can see through the back and under my centre console.. and the actual metal brake.)

Why did you get them all sprayed? You can get the black pulled out of another car :P

(Beware, I'm already getting frustrated at the dirt and dust as it is noticeable now - I'll let my local mechanic/repair shop put my sides around the seatbelts on, and down along the door frames, kick shields. )

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Both cars had the black interior / dark grey interior. I've gotten bits and pieces, and sprayed them in Mercury Silver with clear coat over the top ( to match the outside of the car :twisted: )

So far, it's not too bad. Some parts will need re doing, as I'm quickly learning how to spray properly without leaving runs. I should hopefully be finished with it all by end of next week, minus the roof lining (will have to find a place that will fit new roof lining lol)

Can't wait to get my manual install, as when I was moving around in the car the other day, kind of accidently smashed the auto gearstick and f**k it. So I just took it out. Saves the boys doing the conversion some time in removing the gearstick lol (like 3minutes of work, but hey, time costs $$)

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

LNR123 wrote:
At most places in Victoria they'll charge about 100 dollars per item as long as it's not attached to the car... I want a tow hole cover for my rear end... $100 dollars to get it sprayed my colour :P So I'm getting a tow bar.

I still need to have the bodykit fitted properly though. Some parts like the foglight surrounds need to be glued in once painted etc. Will just be easier for me to find a panel beater and get it all done at once, even if it costs $200-$300 more.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:14 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

You need to upload some photo's man, I've got "Silver interior" in my mind, and I think that'll look really good if done properly :P black/silver.

As for your kit fitting, ask around, make sure the person knows what he's doing... tell them bits need glued, all that crap... The typhoon body kit is a little out of proportions with my car body, so they'll need to shift a few things around. The Xr6 rear skirt doesn't fit on the back properly, where I can clip the underneath to the metal of the car... so I used cable ties to sit it properly (so wind and mud doesn't drag it off)

The side skirts of the rear bar don't clip in with the wheel arch inner area... so the sides are wobbly... SO much s**t needs to be changed to make it fit original, and not home-made custom.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

The XR bits should fit straight up (minus the front as the headlights need to be the XR).

Have you put all the guards back in with it? I haven't done that yet, as I'll just get the panel beater to do it. Mine doesn't sit right either, but nothing a couple of thick zip ties couldn't fix. It's just to stop the wind pulling at it mostly. The front is fine, just sags slightly under the headlights. I'll probably be looking at around 1000-1500 to get it fitted fully.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I'm purposefully ignoring the front end, if I did get it done I'd be looking at the flat bottomed GT front end... or hell, just keep my headlights and reinforce them into the XR5 areas...

I've seen an XR6 with XT lights in it... you don't notice it until your at "Driver face" level (seeing the drivers face)

I want BF Fairmont/Fairlane Ghia side door trims... they have chrome strips in them... OH that'll look good on my BA falcon, only downside is no BF Fairmont/fairlanes are trashed enough... might go down to Ferntree Gully again.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2