Roof light 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Roof light
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford Falcon AU 2000 Series II

QLD, Australia

G'day.

Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

I installed a new C-Bus Draw LED light for the dome roof on AUII and worked very efficiently as the car's computer seemed to recognizes the led and light goes off when door shut and driving at night instead of being on when using those normal standard LEDs.

However, 3 days ago I replaced the licence plate lights with LED's and since then the dome roof light will not switch off.

Would there be a short somewhere or would those LED lights in the licence plate holders causing the dome roof light to remain on.

Suggestions anyone.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Roof light
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

bondy99 wrote:
G'day.

Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

I installed a new C-Bus Draw LED light for the dome roof on AUII and worked very efficiently as the car's computer seemed to recognizes the led and light goes off when door shut and driving at night instead of being on when using those normal standard LEDs.

However, 3 days ago I replaced the licence plate lights with LED's and since then the dome roof light will not switch off.

Would there be a short somewhere or would those LED lights in the licence plate holders causing the dome roof light to remain on.

Suggestions anyone.

Cheers

those LED lights in the licence plate could be the problem,not enough load-power use so the bem doesnt see it.i didnt like the boot light with a lpg tank in there,was way to dark so i ran 60 leds as well,perfect light and not much more power load.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hans hart,

I have led lights in my boot, I placed a few pics on this forum somewhere, worked brilliantly. I had to place a resistor between two wires running into the botlid. works perfectly.

I think you are correct about the licence plate LED. I'm going back to the old filament type bulb and see if that does the trick.

Oh yeah, I have no more squeaks in the lower control arm

Cheers.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bondy99 wrote:
Hans hart,

I have led lights in my boot, I placed a few pics on this forum somewhere, worked brilliantly. I had to place a resistor between two wires running into the botlid. works perfectly.

I think you are correct about the licence plate LED. I'm going back to the old filament type bulb and see if that does the trick.

Oh yeah, I have no more squeaks in the lower control arm

Cheers.

i kept the std globe and added the 60 leds on strips,glad the sqeek mobile is ok,i hate them.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hans Hartman,

Removed those LED light from licence plate and replaced with standard, Dome / Roof special LED now functions correctly again.

Yeah, I too have placed a row of LEDs across (underneath) the entire top lip of the boot. fantastic.

Yes, it's very soothing to the ear to have those squeaks silenced.

Cheers

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:52 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6

QLD, Australia

bondy99 wrote:
Hans Hartman,

Removed those LED light from licence plate and replaced with standard, Dome / Roof special LED now functions correctly again.

Yeah, I too have placed a row of LEDs across (underneath) the entire top lip of the boot. fantastic.

Cheers

regarding the boot strip LED's, did you have to fit a resistor across the two leads? If so what rating please?
Trev

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Trevb54 wrote:
bondy99 wrote:
Hans Hartman,

Cheers

regarding the boot strip LED's, did you have to fit a resistor across the two leads? If so what rating please?
Trev

i kept the stock boot light and spliced straight in to the power wires,the current draw is almost nil,but if you remove the globe,the bcm will not see the current draw,then you have to trick it with resistors

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
Trevb54 wrote:
bondy99 wrote:
Hans Hartman,

Cheers

Trev

i kept the stock boot light and spliced straight in to the power wires,the current draw is almost nil,but if you remove the globe,the bcm will not see the current draw,then you have to trick it with resistors

Thankyou very much.
I'm thinking of putting a strip light in the door panel, do you know the best way to wire that up? My thoughts are leaning towards running a wire back from the door through to the cabin and connect to the over head lights. What do you think?
regards,

Trev

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

do you have door lights,use them,if not the door switches and find power,electric windows,or door locks,they are also pos and neg on the led strips.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
do you have door lights,use them,if not the door switches and find power,electric windows,or door locks,they are also pos and neg on the led strips.

No I don't have any door lights. But I want the LEDs to light up when the interior light comes on. I thought of connecting to the door switch, but that may not come on when the interior light lights up.

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Trevb54 wrote:
hans hartman wrote:

No I don't have any door lights. But I want the LEDs to light up when the interior light comes on. I thought of connecting to the door switch, but that may not come on when the interior light lights up.

the door switch is the trigger,find power from door locks,current draw is so low it shoudnt register,run 1 cable to the door switch,on all doors.find power in the door when its unlocked,if no power,the dome ligh runs up the pillars i think,splice into it and run the cables.i could be wrong, i ihavnt seen the wiring diagram,there may be a easier way. i have a xmas tree 14 -15 interior lights,i have to turn off ,if working in the car.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Problem again,

I have replaced the licence plate bulbs back to normal lights, roof light was working great for some time (it's the new LED light that's designed to have the car's computer recognise it).

It was functioning correctly until two weeks ago when the LED decided not to power off. I.e the LED stays on permanently day and night, so I've taken the LED out of the housing unit.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks, Peter

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]