Fordmods Logo

Seat Belt replacement. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

you can pull the pre tensioner on by hand so when it has a road worthy /safety check and they are checked hey presto replace belt if that was the case you would be replacing belts all the time :? bit silly if the belt itself is fine like scotsman said

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I had a close look at it and couldn't see if the sticking is still there or not, but when i push the tab back in where it is meant to be the "Replace belt" is still clearly visible, the car hasn't been in an accident that i know of. For safety's sake I'm going to replace it. I spend thousands of dollars a year on grog so a hundread or so to fix something that would very well save my life or save me from serious injury isn't much to worry about, wheather it needs it or not.

Post subject: Re: Seat Belt replacement.
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:49 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Au fairmont seires I

QLD, Australia

hey guys im not sure if this has been answered yet, if i buy a set of great condition belts for the back of my au fairmont, is it a matter of just un bolting and rebolting again? the seller says they are locked till you install them? do i need anything special to get them to unlock or will they do it once in the right position? thanks in advance for the help

People hate the au series but i wouldnt have it any other way!!!

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:43 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Futuraclassic wrote:
hey guys im not sure if this has been answered yet,

:idea: I would suggest between July 2007 when the last post was made and up to now, someodoby had resolved the issue. needless thread mining is needless. :idea:

Part 2 where you had a question, just unbolt yours and replace with replacement belts. they will tension correctly.

I have a car.

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:45 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, where can I actually buy replacement seat belts from? I'm looking to replace all of mine in my EL Fairmont Ghia, but I want Cappa coloured ones, at least I need the part that the buckle goes into on the seat, as my two new seats are missing them.

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:45 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Damoo wrote:
Hey guys, where can I actually buy replacement seat belts from? I'm looking to replace all of mine in my EL Fairmont Ghia, but I want Cappa coloured ones, at least I need the part that the buckle goes into on the seat, as my two new seats are missing them.

Try wreckers, someone parting out a Capa interior Car, Ebay, Gumtree, maybe even try Ford, they may still have old stock.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Falcon

WA, Australia

I actually got pulled up for that tag while trying to clear a canary... The guy at the pits freely acknowledged he hadn't seen an E series where the weren't showing but told me to replace them anyway. Fair enough, they're just doing their job.

The pits was literally about 3 blocks from one the only certified seatbelt places I could find.

The guy there was great. Said it was fine, they just stretch a bit and they were never really well hidden anyway, gave me his number and told me to get the pits to call him.

Always nice to find someone who'd rather help then just take your money off you without need.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2