Seat Belt replacement. 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Seat Belt replacement.
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I have a simple question for u where do i go to get my seat belt replaced and how much $$$ should it cost? Anywhere apart from the ford dealer that is. Reason i ask is i got in my car today and the seat belt wasn't sitting right and when i looked at the base of it there was a little tag saying "replace belt" so i think it might be a good idea to do this.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:55 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

where was the car?
was it from a service or when you bought the car?

realtively easy to do
just make sure u get a genuine new belt from fraud

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

[quote="Disco Frank"]where was the car?
was it from a service or when you bought the car?

Car at home sitting in driveway, don't know for sure how long its been like this(scary) only noticed it today.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

all mine have said that forever total of 5 fords come into this house and all are still here or left with the "REPLACE BELT" flap out just tuck it back in and the belt is fixed!!

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Has the car been in a decent sized accident previously? Usually this is the only way to get that tag out.

For peace of mind, it really is worth spending the money to get new belts put in. You can do it yourself, it's not particulary hard.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:04 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: SX Teritory

WA, Australia

Those tags flap out all the time as the glue wears off. This is quite possible considering the age of the car. AU's onwards don't have that "warning" We always used to either glue them back or cut them off. They mean absolutly nothing.

If the car was in a bad accident, then the belts should have been changed anyways as they do "stretch", thats when they need to be changed, or when there is a tear in parts of it.

A goooli gooo goo

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

I had a 2 month old seatbelt that was showing that tag, my current EF has both showing.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:24 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Maco wrote:
Those tags flap out all the time as the glue wears off. This is quite possible considering the age of the car. AU's onwards don't have that "warning" We always used to either glue them back or cut them off. They mean absolutly nothing.

If the car was in a bad accident, then the belts should have been changed anyways as they do "stretch", thats when they need to be changed, or when there is a tear in parts of it.

Funny you say this, i was in a accident recently and the panel shop is replacing all the rear seat belts, not due to stress (i was the only one in the car) but because when they removed the parcel shelf, they broke the small plastic surrounds as the belt goes into the parcel shelf! that'll teach em to be more carefull!

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

So i take i souldn't worry bout it then

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:03 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xf ute

NSW, Australia

i hit a tree in my 1st car, faggot holden.. and that tag came out,it wasnt glued in but it comes out whn the actual side casing breaks
if u do replace it go to a wreckers there at most 50bucks
ive talked my way out of it with a m8 whn we got pulled over about the unglued tab, took abit but the copper eventually realised it can happen

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF11 Ghia EB11 Ghia Courier ute

QLD, Australia

james_xf2 wrote:
if u do replace it go to a wreckers there at most 50bucks

wrecker are not legally allowed to sell second hand seatbelts. as others have said, if you replace them, go new from Fraud or other belt supplier. you can get a good range of colours nowadays. start looking at the hotrod guys for these

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

the tags are supposed to come out afte they ave been put under stress that makes then unsafe for proper use in an accident.

meaning that if the tag is out and you have a serious accident the belt may not hold up yo your weight and support you the way it should.

i suggest you buy a new one asap

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: SX Teritory

WA, Australia

Leroy wrote:
the tags are supposed to come out afte they ave been put under stress that makes then unsafe for proper use in an accident.

meaning that if the tag is out and you have a serious accident the belt may not hold up yo your weight and support you the way it should.

i suggest you buy a new one asap

Thats all good and well in theory, but you can simply pull down the plastic cover and it is showing! There is no real means of it telling you that it needs testing from just a "replace belt" sign.

If this was a good way, then every Falcon would have one, but they don't. It's more gimmick.

Having said all that, if you are not sure if they belt you have is safe or not, please feel free to replace or get them remade at a aircraft upholstery place. If the vehicle has been in an accident, then do change all used belts.

A goooli gooo goo

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

my old mans 80000 km old el is showing them they mean nothing really but to answer your question on where to get replacement belts from places like repco,autobarn ect do a seatbelt replacement from a company called klipan they are resonably priced and of course meet all regulations ect and you can special order couloured ones

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

All that label shows is that the "pre'tensioner" stitching has been ripped open, ie...its been in an accident?

Theres a loop in the belt down in there that takes away the initial shock tension if the car is in a head on...

Every E-series I have owned have had this tag shwoing...I had a quick look, but couldn't see if the stictched loop was still there or not...

So the belt is still intact and quite safe, it'll just hurt a bit more if you do have a prang!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next