Smartlock does it again! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Smartlock does it again!
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

VIC, Australia

hey

my drivers door lock is stuffed.. wen u open the doors using the remote all the doors but the drivers door unlock but the rod and the little lock button at the top move up. wen i use the key in the drivers door it only locks/unlocks that door. usually it opens the rest. and when i open or close my door it locks the other doors. if i unlock them using the button on the dash they open and close strait after. its too confusing!!! :? lol

ive taken off the trim and looked inside the door and all the rods seem to be connected etc... i dont know whether this is the acuator thats failed tho coz i had to change the one in the other door but it didnt have problems like this one. has anyone had this happen to them?

its an EF btw.... lol i just found out the other day reading reviews and finding out that the EF had the most problems with smatlock!! :shock: :evil: ......... they definately aint wrong about that!

Past: 150rwkw 5spd EF Futura - 4499's, 2.5" exh, Intake, Filter, Wade 1636, Head and Valve Work, Raised Comp.

Present: 5spd AUIII XR6 VCT Ute - 4480's, 2.5" exh, Tickford Intake, Pod in Box.
coming soon: 3.9:1 diff, Flashtune.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:05 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Acutentor (sp?) is gone, I think thats the cause of it all.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

It sounds like an adjustment/range of movement thing - I'd say easiest thing to do first is pull the snipper button, and operate the central locking and see if the fault disappears. Make sure the snipper rod doesn't foul the door trim whilst it goes up and down - may be best to do this with the trim off. If no joy, then look at the door lock and what it does sitting in the car - door closed, and operate central locking, with the trim still off.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]