Fordmods Logo

speaker grille 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: speaker grille
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

Hi folks, I am having a strange problem with the speaker grilles in the front door trim. Only the left one though!!

The speaker grille has become very brittle, and is at such a state the a simple touch will break the plastic. The strange part is that I recently bought another set of door trims, and exactly the same things has happened to the set I bought.

My questions are: is anybody else experiencing this, and, how can I replace the speaker grill with something??

Cheers

Post subject: Re: speaker grille
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU Wagon 4.0L

QLD, Australia

believe it or not I had exactly the same problem with my AU, even a recent trip to the wreckers to find a replacement, 99% of the passenger side ones were stuffed, perhaps as the drivers side is always occupied, somewhat covers up the speaker grille from the sun or the shape of the dash exposes less of the speaker grille to the sun on the drivers side, strange phenomenon, as a replacement, keep looking at wreckers or online I suppose, but as an alternative,a different model door trim perhaps?

My cars don't advertise for Unit, Metal Mulisha, Loosekid Industries, Inverted, Famous stars & straps crap, R.M. Williams, Fusion, DC Shoes or the Transformers.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]