still got no warning alarms or indicator ticks 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: still got no warning alarms or indicator ticks
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:13 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF falcon Mk1

QLD, Australia

i posted this a few weeks ago and i'm really surprised that no one has heard of this problem.......figured i'd post again just in case it was missed.

basically i got no sound anymore from my dash, no seatbelt warning, fuel warning, indicator ticks or speed alert. its like my cluster is on mute or something..................

anyone got any idea's, maybe a fuse or broken relay??

Post subject: Re: still got no warning alarms or indicator ticks
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

stampy wrote:
i posted this a few weeks ago and i'm really surprised that no one has heard of this problem.......figured i'd post again just in case it was missed.

basically i got no sound anymore from my dash, no seatbelt warning, fuel warning, indicator ticks or speed alert. its like my cluster is on mute or something..................

anyone got any idea's, maybe a fuse or broken relay??

Okay you should of bumped your previous post but anywho....

if there isn't indicator ticks check the flasher relay as it may be faulty, have you tried dissconnecting the battery over night and then reconnecting and see if it resets itself if not your cluster sound is buggered

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

a guy i used to work withs ef cluster seemed to have died,i lent him one to try to diagnose his cluster as faulty,he plugged mine in and it worked,then plugged his back in and it worked...
he had had his un plugged and plugged back in but it didnt work untill he plugged another one in,worth a try

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Post subject: still got no warning alarms or indicator ticks
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: TS AWD SY Territory

SA, Australia

Several weeks ago the cluster on my Territory (TS SY AWD) also went mute and it is just out of warranty :(.

My local Ford dealer, without seeing it, suggested it was probably a faulty instrument cluster and for them to supply and fit a new one would cost me over $600 (apparently they don't repair them).

Interestingly, a couple of weeks ago my wife left the headlights on overnight and completely drained the battery. After the RAA jump started it the indicator and warning chimes started working for a day or so but the chimes sounded extremely distorted as though the amplifier or speaker was faulty.

Also, several months prior to losing the warning sounds altogether I had noticed the chimes didn't sound so crisp and occassionally distorted but sadly I didn't mention it at the final service so I missed out on a warranty replacement.

I found your post while I was digging for diagrams and pictures (links below) of the instrument cluster circuit board web to see if there was an obvious speaker or amplifier on the board that could be replaced with a similarly rated component .
http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/sho ... hoto=52515
http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q199 ... s/Cluster/

I would be interested to know if anyone has succeeded in such a repair

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:56 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF falcon Mk1

QLD, Australia

yeah i also called ford, they told me the cluster was completely shot and it would cost $550 to replace plus install....... and apparently i cant get one from ebay or the wreckers cos they're programed to each individual car.

i seriously doubt this is a problem that means the whole cluster needs replacing, and to be honest i dont miss the warning alarms at all, but they're the sorta thing a car must have when i decide the sell the car.

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: TS AWD SY Territory

SA, Australia

Apart from the loss of indicator clicks I agree many of the warnings sounds, especially when first starting off on a journey, are too intrusive.

From the symptoms and from what I have seen of the circuit board so far I believe this cluster could be repaired at a fraction of the cost of replacing. I will persevere and let you know if/when I find the solution.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]