Fordmods Logo

Stock wiring for optional extras in a ED Classic 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Stock wiring for optional extras in a ED Classic
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED GLi Classic

VIC, Australia

I have noticed from various adventures into removing pieces of dash that in my Classic I have wiring behind empty panels. For example, all the wiring for either the clock or speed alert section above the center air vents is there, and the empty button spaces either side of the steering wheel.

What I am interested about is, does anyone know if it's only the buttons missing? Or are there motors and other things like that involved?

Some light shed on this would be awesome. Cheers.

RIP Chelsea
96 EF2 Gli - T5 / Exedy / Wade 977b / P+P / JMM Extractors, 2.5" / Port matched BBM / and more
bmICE

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:06 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

It is the provision for options or features on different models of your car (e.g. trip computer, rear windscreen wiper, electric antenna etc). Some of these you can install yourself.

Trip Computer:
http://fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=82

Power Antenna:
http://fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=69

I think that's what you're after...

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Not quite. I understand the wiring is there for extras that can be added, but what I am wondering is how much needs to be added. Like, is it just a matter of adding buttons and stuff in, or are motors for the power antenna and things like that required?

RIP Chelsea
96 EF2 Gli - T5 / Exedy / Wade 977b / P+P / JMM Extractors, 2.5" / Port matched BBM / and more
bmICE

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

braidy wrote:
Not quite. I understand the wiring is there for extras that can be added, but what I am wondering is how much needs to be added. Like, is it just a matter of adding buttons and stuff in, or are motors for the power antenna and things like that required?

Did you read the links on the two above, tells you how to do it and what you need.

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nah, I think I understand what you mean. What about something like the boot and U/L buttons? The blank spaces beside them in the Classic have wiring. What are they for? I think it's fuel cap and antenna, but not completely sure. Do you know? And to make these functions work (bar the power antenna), do I just have to get the buttons?

RIP Chelsea
bmICE

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:11 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

braidy wrote:
Nah, I think I understand what you mean. What about something like the boot and U/L buttons? The blank spaces beside them in the Classic have wiring. What are they for? I think it's fuel cap and antenna, but not completely sure. Do you know? And to make these functions work (bar the power antenna), do I just have to get the buttons?

Yes you're right, it is the fuel cap and the antenna, apparently the antenna is hard to wire up as you have to get the motor for it, but the fuel cap is easy, I have an EB GLi and I hooked mine up, all you need is the actual motor thingo (if you look inside the boot on a car that has the electric one you'll know what I mean) and you also need the clip on the door itself (it's different so that when the electric one is in, it clips on to that).
Other things such as the little electro magnet and the magnet itself are only used for the cluster to tell when the fuel door is open.

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:04 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

just double check with the antena that it doesnt work on anything alse .. my mate had the wires there for the antena .. but mine is a power button ... its like i have 2 power buttons ... am i the only one with that problem ... factory wiring and my antena is my power button???

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

I have an ED Futura Classic and recently found out that the whole power windows loom is there! I am not 100% but power windows was not an option for GLi/Futura models
Check under your centre console to see if you have the power windows loom.

FG G6E Turbo
Grandpa Spec!

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Cars optioned with cruise control also got the wiring for the power windows because they shared the same looms

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

:S .. i have power window loom under console ... this is the power button .. it seems strange really .. 2 power buttons 1 near the tbar and the other where my antena switch is :S ..

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

So, basicaly what's being said here, is if you have cruise control in a GLi, your power window loom is there correct?

RIP Chelsea
bmICE

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Yes it should be, if the cruise is factory and not a dealer fit.

You would still need the individual door looms for the power windows though, which just plug in.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]