Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Swapping EB clusters
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

as the title suggests i've recently fitted a xr dash to my eb. the main reason for this was i've recently converted it to a manual and wanted a tacho but i'm not a fan of the afermarket look.

i ran a wire from the coil to get the tacho working and all was fine for the week, except last night on the way home from the clipsal, the fuel guage stopped working. any ideas? also the volt meter was moving around quite a bit, mainly at idle. once moving it settled down. the revs were also moving up and down with the volt meter. the revs could've been the cause of the voltage fluxuation?? mainly when slowing down and dipping the clutch. trans computer has been removed and its running aftermarket ecu so i don't think its anything to do with the conversion to manual.

the document i referred to when doing the swap mentioned having to run another wire for the volts but i didn't and the guage seems to work fine. is there something i have missed?

i also have the low coolant light staying on. do i need more wiring here or does it simply mean the sensor on the header tank is stuffed. i didn't even think it had one but seems it does. can these be 'cleaned' or do i just get another one?

cheers

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Post subject: Re: Swapping EB clusters
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

ok, just to add a bit more. the fuel guage now randomly flicks all over the place. went for a drive today and thought all was fixed but then it just started doing its own thing. do i have earth problem or something? tacho works fine, as does oil pressure (new sender fitted). volts still move around a bit mainly at idle.

appreciate any help.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]