Fordmods Logo

Territory / BA/F High series ICC GPS overide codes??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Territory / BA/F High series ICC GPS overide codes???
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

Our Territory GHIA is fitted with the fully integrated GPS system. One of the most frustrating things about using it is the controls are disabled when the car is moving. Clever safety feature but I think it actually distracts you more as you keep playing with it at every traffic light trying to get the destination set up. :x
Does anyone know how to overide the GPS so you can control it whilst driving? :roll:
I can't stand the stupid function that disables the GPS controls when the car is moving. Have they not considered the passenger may be controlling the GPS when in motion? We often do this and it drives us nuts how as soon as you move it locks you out. Now I know there must be some clever code to punch in and overide this effect. I have been searching the forum for anyone's advice to no avail.
I do love the reverse camera though :lol:

PS can the moderator please move this post to the correct forum thanks.
Richard

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

The only thing I can think of is to sever the link that provides down-the-road pulses to the sat-nav. This is the same line that taxi's use for their meter.

It's supposed to improve the accuracy of your sat nav, or to keep updating the screen when you're in a tunnel at last-known-heading - but obvioulsy it locks you out when you're moving too! I didn't know that before. You can tell I don't have factory sat-nav.

I don't know if this is a viable or desirable option. But it might be worth a try.

I've got GPS on my Mobile Phone / PDA anyway, which in itself cost less than half the price of factory sat-nav. I've even heard of some people using the Video Out on their Nokia N95 with sat-nav to display on the ICC. Requires a PAL Compoiste to NTSC RGB converter though.

Luke

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagon & EF fairmont wagon & M

VIC, Australia

Thanks Luke,
i thought I may have to cut a wire which I didn't want to do. I will have to get a wiring diagram now.
Richard

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Well, I avoid cutting where I can too. Most harness plugs can have individual pins removed if you know where to insert a needle or one of those mini screwdrivers.

I can help with wiring diagrams if that proves to be a problem. If you have broadband I think the W/S manual might be available on the internet somewhere.

Luke

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagon & EF fairmont wagon & M

VIC, Australia

yes please if you have the link?
I didn't think of just pulling the pin out but that obviously is a winner idea.

Post subject: Re: Territory / BA/F High series ICC GPS overide codes???
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Rick's EF Fairmont Wagon wrote:
Our Territory GHIA is fitted with the fully integrated GPS system. One of the most frustrating things about using it is the controls are disabled when the car is moving. Clever safety feature but I think it actually distracts you more as you keep playing with it at every traffic light trying to get the destination set up. :x
Does anyone know how to overide the GPS so you can control it whilst driving? :roll:
I can't stand the stupid function that disables the GPS controls when the car is moving. Have they not considered the passenger may be controlling the GPS when in motion? We often do this and it drives us nuts how as soon as you move it locks you out. Now I know there must be some clever code to punch in and overide this effect. I have been searching the forum for anyone's advice to no avail.
I do love the reverse camera though :lol:

PS can the moderator please move this post to the correct forum thanks.
Richard

sorry to bump such an old topic, but the information presented here is still not outdated, and my solution is less painful than cutting any wires.

on VDO pc5200 (and other VDO Dayton units) the service menu can be accessed by a code (6330)

the ford version of the pc5200 (ID ANNRR200-50) comes with a tweaked firmware and system config, a part of this tweak is the enabled motion lock, however the motion lock can be disabled in the service menu:

in the service menu first it seems motion lock is off (green square next to it), but it is not as once the car moves a crossed out hand appears on the bottom of the screen. this setting should be toggled (red square) and config SAVED (press save config in the right column) unit has to be shut down, afterwards motion lock should be toggled again (set to green square) and config saved again, unit shut down again. this time the motion lock should be gone for good.

this should not be this complicated but (at least on my unit) the motion lock was enabled as a factory default but the service menu inconsistently indicated otherwise, I reckon this is because the ford version of the unit is simply created by overwriting the system config file (and adding a few other files to enable SUNA TMC reception)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]