Fordmods Logo

weird power window problem 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: weird power window problem
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:12 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 02 BA

NSW, Australia

Ok so I've got a weird power window problem in my ba that I'm hoping you can help me out with.
The front driver control for all of the windows works, the passenger side window works fine.
The rear two are the dodgy ones, if you just use the drivers controls it works but the rear controls don't and if you start the car up and use the rear controls first it work but the drivers one won't.
Not a major problem but it's one that I would like sorted out.
Any ideas?
Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: weird power window problem
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

id say a dodgy drivers door switch. im guessing this car came stock with rear power windows? power for the windows flows to the drivers switch first, as you would expect to work with the child lockout. the power then goes direct from there to the drivers rear, to activate that window. it also goes from the drivers door to a big plug under the carpet in the middle of the car and branches to front left, and then on to rear left. the switches themselves complete the circuit, as without a switch in the rear right door it wont work, and without the drivers switch in, nothing operates. if they work via the drivers door but not the others, it sounds like the child safety lock is on, if you use the rears first and lock out the drivers switch, it sounds like the power is flowing through the drivers switch but it wont activate upon button press, suggesting dodgy buttons or child safety shorting. try using a mates drivers door switch and see if it helps, or if you have good eyes and fingers, open the switch to check the contacts inside and that the button pieces are all in the correct place. fiddly but they do screw up, ive had one where the contacts had black burnt crap on them and the switch didnt work properly

Post subject: Re: weird power window problem
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 02 BA

NSW, Australia

thanks for the answer, it all sounds pretty logical when you explain it like that :) i'll try it as soon as possible.
Thanks again

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]