where are the wires to tap into for courtesy light (footwell 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: where are the wires to tap into for courtesy light (footwell
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

as the title says, where are the wires to tap into for courtesy lights?? im trying to re-run a boot light, so i need a wire that activates power when any door open, im also planing on down the track putting in footwell lights that turn on with door open, and turn off when the door is closed. so far ive heard something about BEM, or drivers side kick panel. this is absolutely zero help to me as i have no idea where the BEM is and their are about 200 wires on the side of the drivers kick panel, and nor can i get the kick panel off properly.
any photos or descriptions of how to get to, and what these wires look like will be greatly appreciated
car is a BA mk2 XR6, sedan, standard sound system
thanks

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Post subject: Re: where are the wires to tap into for courtesy light (footwell
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba Falcon

NSW, Australia

Winman,
On my BA the wires are located behind the trim on the drivers side A pillar. One is Green with a yellow stripe and one is black. Pretty sure green and yellow is EARTH.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MK11

VIC, Australia

In my BA MK1 XR6, the bulb holders were already in place in the footwells: they just needed bulbs inserting.

The older I get the better I was!

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

some ba/bf's came out with a wedge bulb socket factory installed in the front footwells, just minus the bulb. works when the door opens and closes. unsure of which exact cars should have them, as my ba series 2 xt didnt have them. i did buy the globe socket and wiring assemblies to put them in from ford, but sold the car before using them. still have them here. basically a globe holder with about 9 inches of cable and a factory looking plug that attaches to the body loom. can do you a good price on them if your interested, just shoot me a pm.

also for the boot light, why not tap into the light wiring thats already in the boot? its set via factory to activate when you open the boot lid. the light itself is in the middle at the top just under the lip, behind a white plate. should be easy to follow the wires from there.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]