Fordmods Logo

White Dials 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: White Dials
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hey evryone! first post :-) i have a EF Fairmont and im looking for some white dials, the ones on ebay, at night you can see the gadgets behind the facia and i dont want that lol, is there white dials that dont show the mechanics behind the facia at night? and were can i get them? how much $$?
thanks all, love the site too! its massive and very informative!! :-)

Thanks, Rick

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL XR6

New Zealand

Hi dude welcome to the forums plenty of choices when it comes to white dials you can buy them the ones on ebay me thinks retail for around the $70 mark you could also do what some of the other members have done a make your own theres a tech doco floating round here somewhere that datamine contributed. hope this helps.

Nick

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:46 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

hey mate, welcome :D i havent seen any where you can see behind the dials as such, thouh im sure you could knock something up. have a look through the tech docos as theres a write up on how to change the there.

if you've got a ghia, ive got a set of white ones with blue markings ill sell to you at a reasonable cost, free installation too! :D

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Mash85 wrote:

if you've got a ghia, ive got a set of white ones with blue markings ill sell to you at a reasonable cost, free installation too! :D

Mine is only a fairmont, i thought the fairmont and ghias had the same cluster? im very interested! how much are looking for them? umm, and i was saying the ones on ebay, at night you can see the mechanism behind the dials, and i dont want that lol, get back to me mate :D thanks for the replys!!

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:54 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

welcome to the site mate =D hope you have fun staying on this forum.

you could always try and pull your ones off and scrape the backing off and put some white nail polish or so over the orange.....or u might want to dip it in acetone and it will just eat away all the orange stuff and leave a nice foggy look...btw the last theory i have never tried but i know acetone dries the s**t out of plastic even though plastic is already dry.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:56 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

Rick_EF_Fairmont wrote:
Mash85 wrote:

Mine is only a fairmont, i thought the fairmont and ghias had the same cluster? im very interested! how much are looking for them? umm, and i was saying the ones on ebay, at night you can see the mechanism behind the dials, and i dont want that lol, get back to me mate :D thanks for the replys!!

yeah the fairmont and ghia ones are the same, but mine have ghia written on them, so might look a bit wanky... still, they're yours if you want them.

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

thats alright man, doesnt matter if it has ghia on them, gotta pic for me? and how much do ya want for them? :D

Post subject: .
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

I just finished fitting my new dials off ebay good fit easy to do
I had mine made in custom colour silver instead of white cost extra but on my door for $90
I cant see anything behind mine
I will start a new post and add some pics to my gallery

efII wgn xr front xr ecu 17s filter pacemakers highflow cat & 2.5 manual conversion
THERE IS NO TIME FOR PATIENCE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]