Fordmods Logo

Will NL interior fit in a EF? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Will NL interior fit in a EF?
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

This mod brings back memories.

My Fairmont in Yeppoon still has the DL LTD seats and the rears aren't in properly still. Which means in an accident those in the back would get squashed because they top half doesn't "clip" in.

My plan was to drill out the brackets for the LTD seats and attach the EF Fairmont brackets. And I think for the side bolsters the best option would be a retrim of Falcon/Fairmont ones in the same LTD style.

Was great how it's so simple to hook the front electrics up. + and - and you're done.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF II XR6

VIC, Australia

im actually about half way putting in my fairlane seats, its a b**ch and still not 100% sure if the way in doing it will work, if it does ill let you know exactly what i did

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BF xr6, EB

SA, Australia

With the bolsters see if if you can get some out of a fairmont with matching trim. That's what we did in my brothers EB when we fitted an NA interior we got EB fairmont bolsters and they bolt straight in. We also drilled new holes in the fairlane brackets on the back seats to get them to clip in. They needed to be raised about 10-20mm.

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

bluexr wrote:
With the bolsters see if if you can get some out of a fairmont with matching trim. That's what we did in my brothers EB when we fitted an NA interior we got EB fairmont bolsters and they bolt straight in. We also drilled new holes in the fairlane brackets on the back seats to get them to clip in. They needed to be raised about 10-20mm.

when u drilled the brackets was there much of a gap between the back rest and the base?

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BF xr6, EB

SA, Australia

when u drilled the brackets was there much of a gap between the back rest and the base?[/quote]
No everything lined up very well, the back rests don't quite click in properly yet, but they are sitting at the correct height. Once I showed my brother the best way to fit them I left him to it, but he's not real good at finishing jobs properly. When I've got time to help him I'm sure we can get them to click in place properly. As for any gap no, it all fits as well as the falcon rear seat. I can post pics. when I get some if you like.

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

bluexr wrote:
when u drilled the brackets was there much of a gap between the back rest and the base?

No everything lined up very well, the back rests don't quite click in properly yet, but they are sitting at the correct height. Once I showed my brother the best way to fit them I left him to it, but he's not real good at finishing jobs properly. When I've got time to help him I'm sure we can get them to click in place properly. As for any gap no, it all fits as well as the falcon rear seat. I can post pics. when I get some if you like.[/quote]
that would be great thanks, i just used the same brackets and everything, just changed the fabric on the bolsters, the back seats dont click in but if i hit them hard enough they jam into place so they wont fall down if i brake hard

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2