Fordmods Logo

will these fit a el cluster ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: will these fit a el cluster ?
Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

Post subject: Re: will these fit a el cluster ?
Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

They should you could just buy some t10 globes and swap them out.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:44 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:

Looking at the globe holders, I would say that they won't fit.

I have T5 Dash globe holders if you need them. PM me your address and I will send you 6.

Darcy4524 wrote:
They should you could just buy some t10 globes and swap them out.

EF/EL are T5 globes not 10T. Still giving advice I see.

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Yes as I thought they were the same for all e series and didn't swap until au.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I don't see why I bother some days. Oh I got one thing wrong oh well at least I learnt from my mistake. Sorry fordnut I was mistaken I'm sorry for that. If you ever have a problem ask professor SWC he knows more than I do obviously or ask a moderator or do what I did and pull the cluster out so you learn how to take it, how many globes you need and what kind.
If you take anything from this don't stick your d**k out as eventually a poofter might stuff with what you have .

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

Darcy4524 wrote:
I don't see why I bother some days. Oh I got one thing wrong oh well at least I learnt from my mistake. Sorry fordnut I was mistaken I'm sorry for that. If you ever have a problem ask professor SWC he knows more than I do obviously or ask a moderator or do what I did and pull the cluster out so you learn how to take it, how many globes you need and what kind.
If you take anything from this don't stick your d**k out as eventually a poofter might stuff with what you have . .

all good ive taken my cluster out heaps of times just wasnt sure if these would fit as they looked diffrent to normal t5 holders

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:41 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Darcy4524 wrote:
If you take anything from this don't stick your d**k out as eventually a poofter might stuff with what you have .

the best thing to do is, if you don't really know the answer don't guess or assume because giving the wrong info can cause headaches. plus if you give the wrong info all the time it makes the forum less informative and full of bad info..

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 91 EB S Pack

VIC, Australia

Make sure you test any globe that is going to be tucked away before you install them.

I bought 10 of these for my EB cig lighter light and ash tray ( http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300898291082?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 ).
Bought plenty of other automotive LEDs off ebay so i didn't think anything of it, then as I'm diving down the highway there's smoke coming from my ash tray and cig lighter lol, they have a tiny resistor in them that was so hot it melted the T5 plastic housing to bits.
Tested them out of their holders and only took a min or so before they were too hot to touch and maybe 2-3 mins before they melted away in front of me.

Could have been a nightmare if I had of replaced all my cluster lights with them, a lot harder to pull your cluster out in a hurry than your center surround.

I've never liked Trees since, not one.
~ Vanessa Ives

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]